Sunday, September 13, 2009

Reading and Riding

I’m currently in the clutches of two books right now. The first of which is “The art of racing in the rain.” It’s written from the dog’s perspective and it’s giving me great for for thought about what our own Miss Ginger might actually be thinking. I made it to page 2 before the waterworks were turned on and I was having a hard time reading through tears. I had a difficult time seeing the words to read to Mick to explain why I was crying. It’s brilliantly written and the story is incredible.
The second book is “The Shack.” Now I had never even heard of this book before but a friend from high school asked me if I would be interested in joining a discussion group about this book. I went online and discovered the first chapter online at www.TheShackBook.com. I was intrigued by the first chapter and interested in learning more. So I agreed to join the group and even created a blog to host our group.
I decided that I must buy the book! So I set off on a little bike journey to the book store.
102_2708The view from the seat of my pink Schwinn. 
102_2712
We have great bike lanes here. It’s about 2 miles round trip to Borders.
102_2713
The bikes cuddled together waiting patiently for us while we shopped for “The Shack.”
102_2714
Parts of our ride are sooo beautiful! It was a nice sunny warm day great for pedaling!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.