Saturday, March 6, 2010

New Attitude………


102_3409
Somewhere here in Texas I got a phone call. I became so engrossed in the conversation.  Yep, I missed a turn.  I should have turned right and headed south.  Instead, I kept going east.  Of course, there’s that sudden flash of panic, fear of being lost. Then the urge was to turn around and go back to the place where I made this wrong turn.  Literally I was in the middle of nowhere with nothing but fields and farmlands. Instead I decided to turn on my GPS navigator and see how far out of my way this ‘detour’ would take me.  It wouldn’t add any significant travel time to my drive so I decided not to turn around but to continue on and to let the navigator do the thinking for me.  Although, I had initially panicked, after I calmed myself and weighed my options, I made the decision to take a different route than usual and to enjoy the new scenery.  As the picture above shows it was a beautiful day to travel and the panhandle of Texas provided an amazing sky under which to enjoy the open road.
Soft, green, rolling hills,
Baby blue, lofty canopy,
Gentle, white, fluffy clouds,
Dance around a winding road.
Brisk spring day to journey,
My heart roaming plains,
Hazel eyes horizons scan,
Seeking faeries secret land.
Romance of freedom now,
Gardens sweet calling note,
Marring my lonely soul,
Easing burdens heavy load.
Lifting over my melancholy,
Flirting with feelings new,
Soaring above places past,
To eager flights of fancy.
Brave, bold, new beginnings,
Pushing me to greater heights,
Freeing thoughts, memories gone,
Future dreams dawns anew.
Dancing sprites, joyous call,
Meadows sing of melodies crest,
Faerie wing’s bringing forth,
Heart’s new sultry muse.
Sun setting in my past,
Future’s calling bringing forth,
Hopeful thoughts, brightly lit,
Abundance full now dawning.
Quote: Freedom is not the absence of commitments, but the ability to choose--and commit myself to--what is best for me. ~Paulo Coelho




 







2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you hadn't gone too far in the wrong direction!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What touching words :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you.