Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dog and Dishes

Yesterday we had planned on taking a little driving tour of Mt Ranier but it seems that our vet had different arrangements for us. So we took Miss Ginger to the vet because we discovered that the mass in her tummy is not a fatty tumor but lymphoma.  Her oncologist wanted some blood tests done to determine the best course of treatment for her. So instead of scenic Washington we were taking care of the fuzzy child. As of right now, they have switched her back to her original pill form of chemotherapy, Leukeran.
prettybaby
In light of the fact that my sweet Ginger has lymphoma.  I am having a photograph of Miss Ginger stretched on canvas.  It will even wrap around the sides of the canvas structure so that it can be hung without a frame. The photo I had hoped to use from her younger days is not of high enough resolution.  So I decided that I would snap some photos of her to see if I could get one that I really liked that is worthy of putting on canvas. 102_3062_2I was very pleasantly surprised at how well she was cooperating during her photo shoot.  This is the new photo of her and I am so insanely happy with how well it turned out.  In the event you were wondering she is laying on a Korean “mink” blanket which I merely push pinned into the wall. This photo is so indicative of who she really is, to include the tongue hanging out and the mussy little tuft of hair on top of her head.  I cannot wait to see how this canvas of this photo will turn out!
I have had a request to post the recipe for Robyn’s Alfredo sauce, which is amazingly yummy. It’s better than Olive Garden’s in our opinion.

Robyn’s Alfredo Sauce
1/2 cup sweet cream butter
2 garlic cloves, finely diced
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
Melt butter in medium sauce pan, add cream, garlic, pepper and bring to simmer.  Add parmesan cheese and simmer 8 to 10 minutes. Add mozzarella and stir until smooth.

This morning we went over to help a sick friend with a sick son whose hubby is deployed and I must say it’s always nice to be able to help a friend when they truly need it. I wish I could do more but unfortunately, it takes time to feel better. Currently, my magic time wand is broken; so unfortunately, that’s one task I can’t accomplish.  I hope you both experience a very very speedy recovery and until then if you need me I’m here for you! I know for me when Mick was deployed it was a Godsend to have those around me that were willing to help, so it’s nice to be able to pay it forward.



Breakfast Casserole
1 lb. pork sausage – browned and drained
3 cups croutons – whichever flavor you prefer
2 cups whole milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups grated cheese – we use cheddar but default to your tastes
6 eggs beaten
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
small onion – chopped
1 lb bag frozen hashbrowns – we use julienne but diced is fine
Brown sausage in skillet and drain. Set aside.  In same skillet brown hashbrowns over medium heat until golden brown. Remove from heat. In large bowl mix all ingredients and season as preferred. We use garlic salt, onion powder, pepper, and seasoned salt.  Pour into a well greased 9x13 pan.  Refridgerate overnight. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until the center is cooked thoroughly.
102_3086
This is a photo of the casserole before it goes into the fridge for the night. Now the nice thing about this recipe is that it allows for individuality.  If you like green peppers or mushrooms, feel free to throw them in. This particular time we decided to add a little bacon.  Tomorrow I will photograph it before we eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.