Thursday, May 17, 2012

Botox for migraines: Update.

The first 7-10 days after Botox were full of headaches and migraines.  However, I had been warned that was a possibility while my body becomes accustomed to this new substance.  But after that initial period, I had a blissful week without any headache at all!!!! So I am thinking I have found my Holy Grail of migraine relief.

Unfortunately, my bliss did not last.  After lunch while sewing with my Mom I became so terribly nauseas. I went to lie down and things just weren’t getting better.  Before I knew it, I was tossing my lunch and I was in the throws of a brutal migraine.  I was never under the impression that Botox would completely rid me of my migraines.  But I had finally allowed myself to hope that I had finally found a treatment that would lessen the number of migraines and lessen the severity of them. 

I spent several hours in bed, but I was able to enjoy some of the evening. I am certain that before Botox this migraine would have sent me to the emergency room.  But I believe that the Botox was able to tone my migraine down to the point that my medications were able to work effectively. 
At this point I am still hopeful. I will continue to update my blog on how effective this treatment is for me. Since I have not found any other prophylaxis that has helped me, I am not certain what treatments could be left to try if Botox fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.