Wednesday, November 25, 2009

About Thanksgiving……….

So last night I tried the sleeping medication that my doctor prescribed for me. I slept 7 straight hours and I feel rested. So I am soooooo thankful for that! Hopefully, it will continue to get better because I know how it can improve every aspect of my life.
I spent a couple of nights with my friend, Katie, again. She is still sick. It’s been 7 weeks now and the doctor’s don’t really understand why she still so sick. I feel so bad for her because I can’t imagine being sick for so long. Luckily, her husband has been able to return home for a few weeks since she is so ill. 102_3235Hopefully the doctors will find some answers for her soon. Katie was so sweet and gave me a huge gift basket for helping her out. It wasn’t necessary to thank us because that’s what friends do they help each other out. It is truly appreciated and all of the treats in it are so very yummy! 
In preparing for Thanksgiving tomorrow I made a pumpkin roll. 102_3240This is a family recipe and it is my favorite pumpkin dessert. I do not like the traditional pumpkin pie, this is a perfect alternative.  It is also very easy to make! So thank you Ma for sharing the recipe it’s one of the reasons I look forward to Thanksgiving!





Pumpkin Roll
3/4 cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Ginger
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
Sprinkle of Salt
3 Eggs
1 cup Sugar
2/3 cup canned Pumpkin
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1/2 cup finely chopped Walnuts
Powdered Sugar
Sift dry ingredients together and set aside. Beat eggs 5 minutes or until very thick, gradually beat in sugar, stir in pumpkin and lemon juice. Fold in dry ingredients. Spread in well greased and floured (I use parchment paper) 15”x10” jelly roll pan or cookie sheet. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. While still hot loosen edges and turn out onto  dish towel well sprinkled with powdered sugar. Starting at the narrow end roll cake and towel together. Cool and then unroll , remove from towel frost with filling and roll back up. Chill. For easier slicing, wrap log in plastic wrap and foil and freeze.
Filling
1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
8 oz softened Cream Cheese
4 tbsp softened butter
1 tsp vanilla
Beat until creamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.