Friday, March 21, 2014

L’Oreal Infallible Shadows

 

Welcome to my happy little place on the world wide web where I talk about pretty things that enjoy. Feeling pretty helps me feel good. This is vital when trying to maintain a positive attitude in the face of adversity. Today I want to share with you the L’Oreal 24 Hour Infallible Eye Shadow. Why do they feel the need to make that 24 hour claim? No one should be wearing makeup for 24 hours. So why bother? Be forewarned this post is picture heavy.

img_0179_2

I love the formula of these shadows. Mainly because they are so creamy and metallic. They are easy to apply and easy to wear. When placed over a good primer these shadows will not budge. The interesting thing is that different application methods will garner different results. If you apply it with a brush you will get a beautifully blendable but less metallic look. A sponge tipped applicator will provide a smoother finish and a shinier finish. To achieve the most metallic finish use your finger. The finish will be smoothest and most metallic when rubbed with your finger.

I will take you through my collection starting with the neutrals first.

L'Oreal Infallible Iced Latte

This could be my favorite of the bunch. Iced Latte is a golden champagne shade which looks great on the inner tear duct or as a shimmery browbone highlight. It also works great on the cupid’s bow and can be used in the center of the bottom lip to accentuate a pouty lip.

L'Oreal Infallible Amber Rush

Amber Rush tends to be one of the most highly discussed of the range as it’s a lovely rose gold shade. It reminds me most of the MAC pigment in Tan. This shade has a beautiful metallic quality to it. I enjoy this shade but I find that I reach for my Flower cream shadow in Wild Geranium more. You can find my comparison post between the two HERE.

L'Oreal Infallible Bronzed Taupe

Next is the shade Bronzed Taupe. This is a lovely mid-range brown with a beautiful shine to it which reminds me a lot of the MAC shadow in Woodwinked which happens to be among my favorite. This shade would look great on a broad range of skin tones. This shade doesn’t get enough recognition if you ask me.

L'Oreal Infallible Bottomless Java

When I first bought Bottomless Java, I wondered what on earth I was going to with it. I have sense learned that there are plenty of wonderful things to do with it. It looks absolutely amazing in the crease. It makes an amazing brown smoky eye. It looks fantastic smudged on the lower lash line. I have come to really enjoy this one.

L'Oreal Infallible Iced Latte, Amber Rush, Bronzed Taupe and Bottomless Java

These four shades, Iced Latte, Amber Rush, Bronzed Taupe and Bottomless Java, get a lot of love. They are absolutely beautiful and work well with each other or with other shadows.

L'Oreal Infallible Silver Sky

Silver Sky is a true shiny silver that adds absolutely brilliant sparkle. This makes a gorgeous inner corner highlight, especially with a deep smoky eye. I love wearing this on the inner third and placing a bright turquoise on the outer two-thirds and deepening the crease with a deep navy.

L'Oreal Infallible Liquid Diamond

While Silvery Sky is a true shiny silver, Liquid Diamond is a cement or taupe gray. I am quite fond of pairing this with a deep matte purple in the outer corner and crease. This is shade contains the least sparkle of all the Infallibles in my collection. This is definitely the office friendly version of Silver Sky.

L'Oreal Infallible Golden Emerald

Golden Emerald describes this shade perfectly. It’s a gorgeous deep emerald shade with beautiful flecks of gold running through it. This is the perfect shade for a deep smoky green that plays off my green eyes quite nicely. I have found myself enjoying this delightful shade.

L'Oreal Infallible Silver Sky, Liquid Diamond, Golden Emerald

These three shades, Silver Sky, Liquid Diamond and Golden Emerald, probably get the least amount of love in my collection but I am absolutely crazy about all three of them. This photo does not do the justice to the sparkle and shine of Silver Sky. It is absolutely mesmerizing.

L'Oreal Infallible Always Pearly Pink

Always Pearly Pink is that barely there baby pink that works well with bronzes and purples. This shade makes for a more subtle brow bone and inner corner highlight. It also makes for a lovely above the crease blending shade if you are looking for something with some sparkle and shine.

L'Oreal Infallible Burst Into Bloom

Burst into Bloom is a gorgeous pinkish lavender that has a slight duo-chrome property to it. This color makes for an incredible single shadow look or it can be paired with several other colors to create some amazing looks. It also makes for an incredible pop of color along the lower lash line.

img_0183_2

Glistening Garnet is an amazing burnt cranberry color. While it has a little less shine than Burst Into Bloom it can add a beautiful warmth to cooler eye looks. This shade blends works well with both purples and browns.

IMG_0224

I love these three shades, Always Pearly Pink, Burst Into Bloom and Glistening Garnet, as they can add a lovely pop of color to an otherwise neutral look. These get reached for quite a bit when I am looking to add a bit of color.

There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty. ~Steve Maraboli

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.