Friday, January 15, 2010

Quaking and Quilting…….

So this morning a 4.0 earthquake gives my bed a really good shake and wakes me up.  We don’t usually get earthquakes here, we get more tornadoes.  So it was definitely an interesting way to start the day.
102_3832
Then Mom and I went to the Oklahoma City Quilt show.  There was a very strong America theme this year.  It was great to see all of the quilts in support of our country.
102_3830
I am always amazed at the level of talent shown in the quilts at the show.  We saw some amazingly beautiful quilts.
102_3834
This is an amazing sampler quilt which was hand quilted. I cannot even begin to imagine the time it took.
102_3829
Another amazing hand quilted floral quilts.  It' is so much more amazing in person.
102_3833
This is a trip around the world quilt and this picture does not do the colors justice.  It was also hand quilted as well. So incredible!!   

2 comments:

  1. oh how FUN!! Maybe I need to come to OKC & see you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilts my favorite is the floral followed by the around the world. The hand made sampler quilt did not appear when I was looking at it. Would have loved to have been there with you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you.