Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ipsy, Is It Worth It? May 2013

The May 2013 ‘Spring Fling’ Ipsy bag is loaded with great products this month.  In the event you don’t know, Ipsy is a monthly subscription service that is delivered to your mailbox for only $10 each month.  Each month there are different beauty products delivered in your Ipsy bag which are selected by team of stylists led by Michelle Phan.  Ipsy doesn’t scrimp!  All products are either full sized or deluxe sample size.  You won’t find any single use samples here!!

Ipsy051302
Let me begin our ‘Spring Fling’ with this adorable bag. These colors are perfect for supporting my Oklahoma City Thunder in their playoff endeavors, even if the blue isn’t quite the right shade.  This bag is simply the perfect bag for May’s Spring Fling as I love the chevron print in bright bold colors.  I love that the bag is fully lined and the material both inside and out can be wiped clean with a damp cloth.  
Ipsy051303
The first product  is the St. Tropez Instant Glow Body Lotion. “This lightweight cream simply smoothes on to give you an instant, even, beautifully golden tan that will wash off whenever you choose.”  I am excited to try this one as I am extremely fair and cannot tan.  My skin will simply not hold color. I usually don’t even use self tanner as it takes entirely too much effort to achieve the slightest hint of color. The full 100ml bottle sells for $18.00; therefore the 50ml bottle I received holds a value of $9.00. This almost pays for the bag all by itself!
IMG_9733
The Mirabella Perfecting Powder is a translucent silica loose powder which increases foundation wear while perfecting skin appearance.  This super silky powder glides on to extend the wear of your foundation.  Now, silica powders aren’t for everyone but they don’t irritate my skin.  I am thoroughly delighted with this powder. This is the only other deluxe size product in my bag.  The full size .8oz powder sells for $30. Therefore, this generously sized .045oz sample is valued at $1.69. 
Ipsy051305
Next is the Yaby Cosmetics Concealer Refill in buff which is an excellent shade for my MAC NC15 extremely fair skin.  This concealer is very creamy but has a powdery finish.  I am really impressed!! As it offers good coverage and wears well.  It comes in a mind blowing selection of 24 shades including white, salmon, green, blue and more! This sample is  full sized at 3.5 grams and sells for only $4.85.  
 Ipsy051304
Next full sized product is the Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss in Fig which sells for $15.00 in the new .28 ounce packaging.  This color is gorgeous and it is impossible for a photograph to do this shade justice. It layers beautifully over most lipsticks.  Today I wore it over Milani’s Nude Crème and it was amazing!  The sesame seed oil formula heals, while a combination of antioxidant-rich berries, minerals and sweet agave nourishes.   It has a citrus sweet smell yet does not taste sweet. It tastes like most other non-flavored lip glosses to me.
Ipsy051306
And for the finale, we have Zoya Piaf from the Lovely Collection.  It’s a flattering, cheerful yellow with flecks of gold and silver micro glitter.  This is beautiful, opaque shade of metallic yellow is perfectly suited for my pale skin and is great color for spring and summer. I am completely enamored with this shade and all ten nails will soon be sporting this pastel yellow gold. This full size .5 fluid ounce bottle retails for $8.00. 
In short YES, Ipsy is worth it. It’s a bargain at only $10.00 per month. With three full size and two deluxe size samples, May’s ‘Spring Fling’ Ipsy bag was like sunshine in my mailbox.  I am loving all the products and don’t think there is a bum product in the bunch.  This month’s bag is valued at a whopping $38.54 which is by far the highest value of the three bags I have received so far.  This is definitely my favorite bag to date as I can see myself enjoying all five of these products to the fullest. If you are interested here are my reviews of April 2013 and March 2013
Ipsy051301
These products were purchased by myself with the intend to enjoy them. Please follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for your daily dose of positivity.

Ipsy, Is It Worth It? May 2013
Ipsy, Is It Worth It? Apr 2013
Ipsy, Is It Worth It? Mar 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.