Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Delightful Drugstore Surprise

While shopping at Dollar General recently I came across the new LA Colors 3 Color Eyeshadow at only $1.00 each. I was intrigued and so I picked up two of them. To be honest if they turned out to be total duds I had only lost $2.00 so I wouldn't be heartbroken. I was prepared to be disappointed by these. I expected poorly pigmented shadows packed with chunky glitter. I figured I would be lucky to get any color to show up on my eyelids. At only $1.00 for 3 shadows I did get my hopes up.

Imagine my delighted surprise when I swatched these cute shadows and discovered that they are very pigmented, creamy, smooth and not full of chunky glitter. I was stunned. They are shimmery to the point of being metallic. This first trio is called Orchid and it has a lovely soft pink, a vibrant pumpkin and a rusty brown color. These colors are pretty intense and I am completely caught off guard by the quality of these shadows. At $1.00 each trio I expected them to be something with which young girls could play; but they are definitely worthy of finding a home in anyone's makeup collection.

The other trio I purchased is Sunflower which consists of a buttery yellow (the swatch doesn't show up well on my skin tone), a bright copper and a dusty metallic brown. The swatches in these pictures don't quite do these little gems justice. I can't get over how beautiful these shadows are. If the labeling was taken off the packaging and you were told that these quality shadows were from a darling European boutique, you would believe they would cost way more than $1.00 each. They are pigmented, don't have excess fallout, blend beautifully and look amazing. 

They have a decent selection with 12 different trios with the majority of the other trios touting bolder colors. I think that everyone should get at least one of these trios just for the sake of trying them. I think anyone would be pleasantly surprised with these guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.