Thursday, August 6, 2009

Shopping

First off….. Welcome Terry to the 21st century!!! I am happy to have to commenting on my blog page. I’m honored to be the one to help bring you up to speed!! Terry is one of my dearest, sweetest friends from San Antonio!! She has this perfect way of sending the just the right thing to me at the right time.  She’s always had the amazing Faith about her and I am truly  blessed to call her my friend.  She always reminds me that there is a bigger reason for all of the challenges we face in life. Now she’s never really seen herself as being able to blindly walk on Faith. She’s always felt that hospitality has been more of her strong suit. But I’ve always seen her as the most Faith-full person I know.  So I once made her this little frame to remind her how much I see it and now she can see it too. 102_2076Now for my favorite Terry story………
I was struggling with the fact that Arnold Chiari Malformation is not a common illness and that there are plenty of times that I have to explain to Doctors what it is.  Any time that I talk about being sick, I have explain what this is and what the symptoms are etc. I have even said that it’s frustrating because so many people don’t understand it, unlike wearing a pink ribbon, or a red ribbon.  Terry drew out and colored a ribbon just for me. She made it of sever different colors and she defined the reason behind each color.  That multi-colored paper ribbon is one of my prized possessions. I keep it in my inspiration book for when I’m stuck on a speed bump.   Thanks Terry I love you great big bunches!
So today,  I went to a small town arts and crafts festival. Well the festival wasn’t much to talk about but the town was ADORABLE. I loved wandering the antique stores, even if it did torture Mick. We didn’t spend much money but I got some really great Christmas ideas!!! I did buy a Vera Bradley pen to match my laptop bag! Too Cute!! Two of my favorite things. Vera Bradley and Pens!! 102_2525
I would say it doesn’t get any better than that, but it does! We bought a Barefoot Contessa cake mix. Now I had one of them before and it was the best cake I have eaten! EVER! Even it was phallic in shape. Thank Katie for sharing your bridal shower cake with me!! Now I am anxiously awaiting tomorrow and this cake!
I did also have to make a stop at Wal-Mart for some supplies before going home this Friday. I always like being able to work on some sewing project with Mom.  Now my Wal-Mart here still has it’s fabric department. All over the country the fabric departments are dying off quickly and I think this is sooooo sad. I love being able to pick up fabric for as little as $2.oo a yard at Wal-Mart. I will be a very sad puppy when I’m no longer able to do so. I was able to buy some beautiful satin for 3.74 a yard which is perfect for what we will be working on. But you’ll have to wait to see what it is!!! I wouldn’t want to spoil the surprise.
I also had to make a stop by Bath and Body Works they had their antibacterial soaps for 7 for $2o.  That’s sooo cheap! When I was checking out the clerk said, “Oh, I see you really enjoy our Cucumber Melon.” I said “No that would be my husband.” He is crazy over that one. Who knew!
We then had a wonderful dinner with our darling friends Sean and Katie. J-Man came too and that kid is such a character. I soooo adore him! He is so expressive and has the best expressions. So full of energy! I wish he’d share some of it with me but he’s really busy driving Mom crazy with it. So he’s not sharing right now! Darn!
I really do have the best friends anyone could hope for. My life is truly blessed! Thanks to all of you for helping me stay connected and keeping life in perspective. I love you all, even the ones that didn’t get mentioned in this post. You all fill very important roles in my life and you all bring me blessings in ways that you’ll never truly know. I don’t know that I could ever be as great as all of you are. So I’ll just focus on trying to bring a smile to your face when I can. And for now I will  say right now to each and every one of you…… THANK YOU! I love each of you bunches and bunches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.