Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Ziplining at Tagaytay


IMG

Tagaytay is host to Taal Volcano; proclaimed as “World’s Smallest Volcano!” It also has a FANTASTIC zipline! So we set out with the three kids to enjoy the day at Picnic Grove overlooking the Taal Volcano. It was so much fun even though the weather was cloudy and we couldn’t get any great shots.

IMG_4841_3My son, Brendon, and I were the first ones to brave the zipline.  Now, I will admit that ziplining is probably not on my neurologist’s approved list of things to do.  However the zipline is not at a steep angle so the ride isn’t very fast.  It was designed so that one could enjoy the views as they fly through the air. First and foremost, they strap you in really, really well. So you feel very secure even though you are laying there hanging from a IMG_4847_4cable.  For us ladies, they even strap your purse in with you so you don’t have to worry about where you are going to leave it while flying!

 

There is such a sense of freedom while flying.  For those few moments, I was not longer some girl with a chronic condition.  I was merely enjoying flying like a bird through the sky and over the valleys of the mountains. There was a cool breeze blowing from the Taal Lake and I had no worries. This experience is one I will remember for the rest of my life.  I am so grateful to be able to share it with my son, my future husband and his two beautiful girls!


Arnold’s youngest daughter decided that flying thru the air in a sling was just wasn’t her style o-matic025whether on her tummy or sitting in the sling.  She wanted no part of it.  Therefore, we opted to take the family cable car over and since she was able to hang on to daddy she decided she could enjoy it. You can clearly see that by the huge smile on her face that she is truly enjoying the moment.  She doesn’t normally smile for the camera so this is a very precious moment.  You can also tell that we aren’t your typical family.  But our love caught us off guard and it’s changed all of our lives for the better. My blessings are great!

 

IMG_5301

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.