Thursday, June 13, 2013

Spring VoxBox from Influenster

I was fortunate enough be selected to receive the Spring VoxBox from Influenster.  "Influenster is a place for culture junkies to come together and share their unique opinions of products and experiences" according to their website.  I had been an Influenster member for about a year but was inactive.  A few months ago I decided to become more active and figure out what the site was about.  It's a great place to share and discuss opinions on all sorts of products.  Within a few months of becoming active I have received several great products, most of which are new to me. I was very excited to receive the Spring VoxBox since all of the products are new to me.  Of course, I am familiar with two brands, Secret and NYC but I didn't own either of the products they offered.  Once I actually received the box I tore into it with wholehearted delight.


The TastyKake brand is new to me, I had never heard of it until I received this box.  The TastyKake Kandy Bar Kakes claim to be light and fluffy chocolate enrobed cakes with a delicious crème filling made with real Hershey’s flavors.  I received the ‘S’mores’
flavored TastyKake.  I will admit that I haven’t yet ripped into it but only because I wanted to photograph it for blogging purposes.  I know, I know, only a blogger would wait to eat something chocolate just to take pictures of it.

Secret is a brand I have used in the past but not recently.  For several years I used Ban exclusively.  But the past few months I have been trying several other deodorants.  This will be the first Secret deodorant I have tried in several years.  Secret Outlast claims to be the the clear choice for 48 hour odor protection.  I will admit that I have no intentions of testing this 48 hour claim as I put on deodorant every morning, religiously. Secret, also, claims to be LBD (little black dress) friendly.   I will admit I don’t wear my LBD very often but I do wear a fair amount of dark colored clothing and white deodorant marks really drive me crazy.    However, the true test of any deodorant is odor and wetness protection.  It’s great if you don’t leave white marks; but, if I’m smelly by the end of the day then white marks are a moot point.  Secret, I have high hopes.  Please don’t let me down or leave me stinky!  We shall see!!!! 

The NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in Big Apple Red was another product I am anxious to try.  I will admit that I only own a couple of other NYC products, the widely talked about Sunny bronzing face powder and an Ultra Last Lipwear in Sugarplum.  I love both of those so I am curious to see if I will like the Applelicious Balm.  I love the smell of this balm and the apple in the center of the product is super cute.  Of course the name of the color ‘Red Apple Red’ had me concerned since I am extremely fair and look awful in any shade of red.  I did swatch the Applelicious Balm after photographing it and it is rather sheer much to my delight! Now, I’m looking forward to trying this balm!



I was thrilled to receive the imPRESS Press-on Manicure by Broadway Nails as I have been curious about these for quite some time.  I was absolutely thrilled to have received the Nicole Scherzinger color and they are so very adorable. It’s hard to tell by this picture but they are natural colored on the nail bed with zebra striped tips and bright flowers on each one.  I put them on today and application was very easy.  I was surprised that they are flexible.  I haven’t done press-on nails in years and they were all rigid plastic back then.  I love that these are pliable like your own natural nails.  I am curious to see how long these will last.  I will do a full review in a future blog post.  So far I’m imPRESSed.


I saved my favorite for last. I am thoroughly enjoying the OSIS+ Gelastic by Schwarzkopf.  I have naturally curly hair which tends to be very frizzy.   Gelastic is the first product I have found that works on my hair whether I’m embracing my curls or I’m straightening them out. Either way, my hair is frizz free and stays in place all day!! At first I expected that Gelastic would leave my hair hard and crunchy.  It can if you use too much but used sparingly this product is amazing!  Once you discover exactly how much to use it is great for holding your style without weighing it down. I am so thankful because I have finally found my holy grail hair product.  I will never be without this miracle in a little red bottle.  Thank you Influenster for introducing me to such a fantastic product.

So far I am in love with my Spring VoxBox.  I have a couple things that I haven’t formed a full opinion on just yet; but, I am loving the opportunity to try such quality products for free!  I am also really enjoying completing the tasks based on the products in the box.  Look for future blog posts which review the above products in detail.  Please follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.