Monday, July 15, 2013

Ipsy, Is It Worth It? July 2013


July's theme for Ipsy is 'Beach Beauty' which is perfect for the heat of the summer.  Even though I am a land locked Okie, I still love the fun of this bag.  Just in case you don't know, Ipsy is a monthly subscription bag containing great beauty products for only $10 a month! Each month they ship approximately five deluxe sample size or even full size products and they always include a cute bag all designed around a monthly theme. This is the only subscription bag/box I receive and it's the only one I think I would truly enjoy.  



First item I discover in the bag is the Coola Mineral Face Sunscreen.  I received Unscented but it also comes in a Cucumber Matte, Unscented Matte Tint and Rose Essence Tint formulas. This sunscreen is hypoallergenic, paraben free, ultra sheer, anti-aging, water resistant, and contains no nano sized particles. I can honestly say that this extremely fair skinned chronic beauty will be putting this to very good use! The 1.7 fluid ounce size retails for $36.00 making the value of this .23 fluid ounce sample worth approximately $4.80.

Oh I love a good scrub and I adore a great microdermabrasion scrub.  The derma e Microdermabrasion Scrub  will certainly be enjoyed during one of my regular at home beauty treatments day.  I did sample a tiny bit on the back of my hand and this scrub has the finest little beads for exfoliaing the skin and the scream feels rich and silky. "This salon-perfect formula uses an exclusive crystal blend including Dead Sea Salt and Volcanic Sand to buff away dull surface cells, help deminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and acne scars, and absorb excess skin oils." The 2oz size retails fo $32.50 making this 1oz size worth $16.25. 

Big Sexy Hair Weather Proof Humidity Resistant Spray  is a "high-performance humidity resistant spray that promises to leave your hairstyles intact, removing any chance of humidity attacking mis-haps." My hair is naturally fine, curly, frizzy and generally unruly.  This sounds perfect for these cooler, rainy, summer days that we are currently experiencing.  I will be giving this little guy a test run tomorrow as it's supposed to be raining, again.  The 3.4oz can sells for $18.95 at Ulta making this 1.4oz size valued at $7.79.  



Next up is the BH Cosmetics California Collection Sampler which is a sampling of their Hollywood, San Francisco and Malibu palettes.  I must say that California holds a dear place in my heart as that is where my son was born. So I completely appreciate this little sampler palette.  The colors take some building to get to this pigmentation but they build quite easily.  Each of the three palettes retail with 4 blush or bronzers and 16 eye shadows for $17.95 but are on sale right now for $9.95. I am going to guesstimate a price on this sampler palette at $3.95.  


The Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Coral Crush is the final item in this month's bag.  I must admit that I love a good chubby pencil type lip balm and this one seems to have great pigmentation. The bright coral leans toward pink and is very bold. It's a great color for summer and the formula is perfect for tossing into your beach bag because it feels so smooth on the lips. Luckily, they are twist up and do not require a sharper. These little little guys do not sale individually but the kit contains 6 for $25.00; therefore the individual crayon has a value of $4.16. 


Can we talk about how incredibly cute this bag is? Bright, see thru pink with the Ipsy, beauty by you logo.   I simply adore this bag.  I will admit that it probably won't hang out in my purse but I will keep it for when I go to the lake or travel because it's so stinking cute. I love that it's see thru so that you can identify the contents with one quick glance.  It's a great size for packing several small essentials to take with you wherever you go. 


This month's Ipsy, my glam bag is valued at $36.95 which is not the most valuable bag I have received but I do believe that I will enjoy all of the products. If you are interested in how this months bag compares to the other bags I have received you can find the other months here:

Ipsy, Is It Worth It? June 2013
Ipsy, Is It Worth It? May 2013
Ipsy, Is It Worth It? Apr 2013
Ipsy, Is It Worth It? Mar 2013


These products were purchased by myself with the intend to enjoy them. Please follow me on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram for your daily dose of positivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.