Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Lippies in My Purse

I considered titling this post 'I Have a Problem' which is probably more accurate. Anyway, welcome to my blog. I enjoy makeup a little too much but only because it helps me feel beautiful when my body makes me feel anything but beautiful. My goal for this blog is to help other women going through hard times find products that help them feel positively about themselves and ultimately life.

I've seen this tag running around Instagram, Twitter and the Blogosphere. I decided to jump on the bandwagon when I reached into my purse to pull out a tinted lip balm and kept pulling out product after product. When I had them all laid out on my desk I realized that I needed to confess my addiction.

 

Just in case you aren't into counting I have 18. Yes I said 18 lip products in my purse. I have a problem. I reached into my purse hoping to pull out the Almay liquid lip balm and found myself pulling out Revlon, CoverGirl, MAC, Maybelline and more.

 
The brand that I have the most of in my purse is Revlon. I have (from top to bottom) Super Lustrous Lipstick in Berry Couture. It's the new shine formula which is sheer and feels great on the lips. I have the amazing Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush which I adore. Next up is the Colorburst Matte Balm in Elusive which I am still unsure about which is why I haven't written a review yet. Last but certainly not least is the Colorburst Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie which I wore to my work Christmas Party last night. 

 
 
Next up are two of my favorite MAC lippies Cosmo (Amplified) and Viva Glam V (Lustre). Cosmo is a great my lips but better lipstick for me and Viva Glam V is the exact shade of my lips just shinier which is absolutely perfect for a no makeup look. 

 




Then there are the Sally Hansen Colorfast Tinted Moisture Balm. The one on top is Made Me Blush and the bottom one is Happy Berry.  I love these tinted lip balms. They smell fantastic feel great on the lips and add a nice flush of color to your lips.

 
 


CoverGirl found it's way into my purse too. I have the Blast Flipstick in Flashy and the Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Rose Twist which they only label as 225 on the packaging. I prefer the Sally Hansen Colorfast to the Jumbo Gloss Balm because it smells better and feels better on the lips. The Flipstick I've had for quit a while but have never worn. I am still unsure of it as of right now. 
 
 
You can also find a couple NYC Liquid Lipshines in my purse. The top one is Midtown Mulberry and the bottom one is just City Clear. I had to look that up because all of the writing has worn off as this one stays in my purse all the time.  These glosses smell fantastic and are moderately sticky which doesn't bother me. The color payoff is amazing for a gloss.
 

There are a couple of Maybelline Color Whispers in there for good measure. I have Made It Mauve and Rose of Attraction.  These are super easy to wear and feel so good on the lips.

 
Next up are the singles in my purse. These little guys had no date to the dance. On top is the Em Lipstick in Cupcake Pink, Milani Grapetini, Almay Liquid Lipbalm in Blooming Balm and C. O. Bigelow Organics in Stawberries and Cream.

 
Please excuse the boring pictures. I quickly snapped these photos at work. I was truly shocked to discover that I had 18 lippies in my purse. That is wrong on so many levels. I think it's really time for me to examine closely what I put into my purse. Tonight when I get home I will take the time to put these little guys back in their happy little home and lighten the load that I call a purse.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.