Friday, December 13, 2013

Twinkles of Crystal Snow

Welcome to my blog where today I am staying in and staying warm while there's 4-5  inches of snow blanketing my yard. As the sun bounced off the snow it caused these tiny sparks to twinkle on the ground. I wondered to myself if I could capture that beauty and translate it into makeup. 

I began by priming my eyes with Milani Eyeshadow Primer.

I then added a base of MAC Painterly Paint Pot.

 I lightly swept Urban Decay Zephyr across my lids.

 I patted L'Oreal Iced Latte on my lids for some shine.


I added Urban Decay Crystal to the outer half of my lids.

 Then I patted on a little MAC Freshwater in the outer V and up into the crease.


 I added a little MAC Deep Truth to deepen the crease. 
I blended out a little MAC Stars N Rockets above the crease.

 I added a little Wet N Wild matte white in the inner corner and along the brow bone.

 Then I dabbed a little LA Splash Splashproof Sealer base to one of my lids.

 I then dabbed some MAC Glitter in Reflects Peal onto the lid with the sealer.
Then repeated on the other eye.

I added a deep winged liner with Physician's Formula Eye Booster. I love the brush tip! 

Then I popped on some Kiss lashes in #11. 

Last but not least, I added Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil in Amethyst on the lower lash line.
I also placed Rimmel Scandaleyes in Black on the waterline. 


The finished look. 


I was disappointed that the camera did not want to pick up the beautiful spark of the Reflects Pearl. 


 I tried with and without the flash to no avail. 


Well, you can see one! 

Finally, I managed to get a few shots showing the Reflects Pearl but pictures do not do this justice. 



All in all I am very pleased with this look and am glad that I was inspired by the snow. I had a lot of fun adding the Reflects Pearl and in person it looks absolutely fabulous. Sadly, it is hard to pick it up on camera. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.