Friday, December 27, 2013

Too Faced All I Want for Christmas

Christmas eve I had gone to Ulta with the intention of purchasing the Smashbox Wondervision Mega Palette since it was on sale and I had a 20% off coupon. I couldn't just walk in purchase that palette and walk out. That would be entirely too difficult. It's mandatory to walk around Ulta a browse, right? Well, that's what I believe. I discovered that this wonderful little Too Faced kit had been marked down from $45 to $36. And I had the additional 20% discount coupon as well. 


Truthfully speaking, the thing that really sold me on this kit was the lipstick. I have been wanting to try Too Faced lipsticks for quite some time. I have heard really great things and I really just wanted to try this formula. The lipstick itself sells for $21 and with discounts I bought this kit for less than $29. So it's like I get to try all these other products for only $8. I know I love their Shadow Insurance! That alone sells for $20. So it seemed like a no brainer but my husband was actually the one that actually put this kit in my hands.


The All I Want for Christmas kit includes full size Shadow Insurance, deluxe sample Perfect Eyes eyeliner, compact of blush and shadows, a full sized La Creme cream lipstick and a deluxe size Lash Injection tubing mascara. It comes with this super cute mint and gold chevron print barrel bag which is a perfect for traveling. 


This compact contains a beautiful peach blush with gold shimmer. It's a delightful blush which gives you this gorgeous glow. The Ulta website claims that this compact contains a bronzer. However, this bronzer contains waaaaaay too much shimmer. It's practically metallic. This would not work as a bronzer for anyone. When you check the Too Faced website it is listed as a shadow which is much more believable. These shadows are listed as dark brown and matte vanilla. I love that this compact contains a lovely matte shade. It's really amazing. 


The item I was most excited about is the La Creme lipstick in the exclusive shade Believe. The formula of this lipstick is so creamy and it has a lovely shine to it. There is no need to top this lipstick with a gloss! 


Believe is a beautiful spiced coral shade. It leans a bit brown but it has just enough peachy pink in it that it becomes a great a great my lips but better shade for me. I love the way this lipstick feels on the lips but because of the shiny, creamy nature I don't find it particularly long wearing. 


Overall, I am completely delighted with this kit. I love the blush and the eyeshadows and I can see myself reaching for that compact frequently. Of course I already love Shadow Insurance and I am certain I will enjoy the mascara. The lipstick is a great shade for me and I will use the heck out of it. The only questionable item is the eyeliner but only because I don't typically wear pencil liner. This kit is a winner at $45; but it's a steal at less than $29. At the end of the day, I am quite delighted that hubby encouraged me to purchase this kit as it has some real delights in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.