Monday, December 9, 2013

Beauty Crown Week 2







The Beauty Crown Awards are a yearly favorites collaborative effort including beauty bloggers around the globe. The Beauty Crown Awards were created by Lily from Beauty with Lily Liz from My Pretty Obsessions, Jackie from Five Two Certified, and Shalunya from Shalunya & Boyet. We felt that a collaborative effort from a large number of beauty bloggers would be much more interesting to our readers and would garner more attention. The Beauty Crown Awards are a 5 week event with each week covering types of products.

Week 1 - Personal Care Products - Dec 2 - Dec 8, 2013
Week 2 - Facial Products - Dec 9 - Dec 15, 2013
Week 3 - Lip & Nail Products - Dec 16 - Dec 22, 2013
Week 4 - Eye & Misc Products - Dec 23 - Dec 29, 2013
Week 5 - Facial Care Products & Tools - Dec 30 - Jan 4, 2014


Week 2 of the Beauty Crown Awards covers Face Products. Below are my Week 2 selections:

FACE
Primer
Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer

This is easily my favorite primer. It's does a great job of prepping my skin for foundation. I have tried all sorts of different primers and this is the one I reach for the most. 


  BB Cream
Pond's Luminous Finish BB+ Cream

I love this BB Cream. It provides decent coverage for a BB cream and it makes an excellent base under foundation as well. On any given day this is the most likely what you will find me wearing rather than a heavy foundation. 


Foundation
Revlon Colorstay Liquid and Whipped

If I am wearing foundation it is usually the Revlon ColorStay either liquid or whipped. If I am looking for full coverage then I will choose the whipped otherwise I prefer the liquid for Normal/Dry Skin. 


Powder
Physician's Formula Mineral Airbrushing Powder

I have several powders going as I ran out of my MAC Mineralized Skin Finish and have been looking for a replacement. I have recently discovered the Physician's Formula Mineral and I am really enjoying this powder. I don't think I will be repurchasing the MAC MSF. 


Concealer
L'Oreal True Match Crayon Concealer

I love this concealer. I have one in my makeup drawers and one in my purse for on the go. It blends beautifully and matches perfectly. I will continue to purchase this one. 


Powder Blush
MAC

MAC blushes are amazing they have such a wonderful selection and come in a variety of finishes. I own several and enjoy all of them. This is Azalea Blossom which is a beautiful ombre blush. I have never been disappointed by a MAC blush. 


Cream Blush
ELF Studio Cream

This one still surprises me. When I opened the package and felt the consistency of this cream blush I thought there was no way this would work as it feels like Playdough. However, when you use the ELF small stipple brush with their Studio Cream Blush it creates the most magical combination. It's super easy to work with and blends like a dream. It will elongate the staying power of any blush. It's definitely a must have! 


Bronzer
NYC Sunny

I have a few bronzers but good ol' NYC Sunny gets the most love out of all of them. It's super cheap and works perfectly on my fair skin. I love that it's matte! I will continue to purchase this one time and time again. 


Highlighter
Smashbox

This trio of highlighters in the Master Class Palette have been getting a lot of love from me lately. I love that there is a peach, pink and champagne option. Lens, Prism and Shimmer are amazing highlighters that have a beautiful luminosity with out glitter. I would never have thought to buy these individually but I am so thankful to have them.


Palette
Smashbox Master Class

The Smashbox Master Class Palete has beautiful blush options in Posy Pink and Warm Apricot. Combined with those highlighters, it makes for a fantastic palette to travel with. It also boasts 28 shadows, 6 cream liners and 4 lippies. I love this palette and it usually travels everywhere with me. 


I sincerely hope you enjoyed my Week 2 favorites. I thoroughly enjoyed going through my collection to share the best of the best with you. I am quite anxious to read everyone else's week 2 selections as well.

If you would like to join us in sharing our 2013 favorites please feel free to click below to jump right in and join us. We will leave the link tool open each week until the end of week 5.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.