Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Holiday Glam 2013


Welcome to my happy little blog where I talk about makeup because it keeps me sane.  Today's post was wonderful idea of my beautiful blogging buddy Jackie from Five Two Certified. Several wonderful bloggers are doing Holiday Glam looks for a variety of Holiday activities. My contribution is a Holiday Date night look. 



There are a couple twists on the traditional winged liner. The first of which is blue tipped lashes. Wearing blue mascara can be challenging; instead, try wearing it just on the tips of the lashes. You still get the richness of wearing black mascara but with a fun pop of color. 



The second twist is double winged liner with a metallic bright blue layered over a deep black. The great part is that you still get the deep sultry look with a bold winged liner and the bonus of a pop of color. 



Since all the fun is in the lashes and liner, you will want to keep the rest of the look simple and clean. Without the fuss of shadow I decided to go with a bold berry lip with MAC Rebel. 



For this look, I used Physician's Formula Eye Booster Eyeliner in Black. I topped that with MAC Liquidlast in Blue Herizon. I added a pair of spiky Eyelure 116 lashes which I coated with L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly. Then I added Hard Candy Lash Call Lengthening mascara in Peacock which I am pretty sure is discontinued. But I know they have two other blue mascaras available and sometimes Maybelline offers colored mascara as well. I lined my lips with NYX Long Pencil Lip Liner in Prune and then applied MAC Rebel. 


I hope you enjoyed this modern twist on the winged liner with a pop of color. This is actually a look I enjoy wearing. If you think the exaggerated blue liner is a bit much for you then try adding blue mascara to the tips of your lashes for a mesmerizing look. I really enjoyed posting this look for you and I hope I've inspired you to try something a little out of the ordinary for your date night. If you enjoyed this look I would love to hear from you in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.