Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Liebster Award, Take Three, Four and Five

I was recently honored to be nominated three more times for the Liebster Award. I was nominated by May from  La Vie En May, Betti  Makeup Asylum  and Keisha from The Chyrsalis GirlsI consider myself very fortunate to have so many wonderful bloggers who think so highly of my blog.


Rules
1. Give credit to who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions they gave you.
3. Nominate 9 bloggers who have 200 followers or less.
4. Come up with your own 11 questions for them.
5. Let them know you nominated them.

I was nominated by the beautiful May whose blog, La Vie En May, is chock full of delights. I have recently learned of her blog and am thoroughly enjoying it. I would highly recommend taking a stroll over to her blog to discover all the pretty wonders she features.

Now, for her questions:
1. If you could be a color, what would it be and why?Purple, definitely purple. There is such a wide range of shades of purple available that I could easily change it based upon my mood. Some purples are more blue, some are more pink. There are enough variations that I would never tire of it. 




2. What are you looking forward to in 2014?Getting my stepdaughters to America. Immigration is such a long drawn out, complicated, expensive process.

3. If you were stuck on a deserted island, what are the three things you would bring with you?
 
I would say my hubby but he's a person not a thing. So, I will say a great moisturizer with sunscreen. I burn too easily. Can we consider a journal and pen or pen and paper one item? I'm counting it as one item. After all, it would be the perfect time to write. The creativity of writing would help me not lose my mind. Very large box of waterproof matches. You need fire in order to boil water, cook food, and create smoke to hopefully be rescued. It makes me sad that wouldn't be able to bring a Bible with me; but I would still pray and commune with God. I'm pretty sure He would forgive me.

4. What is one memory you will never forget in 2013?The thrill of my hubby getting the job he really wanted. It was a long wait before he could go to work and it was a long struggle for us. Now he has a great job. 

5. What do you love about blogging?
The writing process. I love the act of sitting in front of my computer writing a post, reading it, rewriting it to ensure it conveys the message I want it to convey. I also like taking and editing photos. 




6. What is your current favorite TV show?
America Unearthed on H2. It's about proving that the history of America that we were taught as children is wrong. 


7. Would you rather: Watch a movie at home or watch a movie in the theater?
Home. I love snuggling up in bed with hubs and watching movies together. I can't wait until the girls get here and we can all watch in bed together!


8. If you could have one thing in this whole world, what would it be?
If I could have anything in the whole wide world, I would give my husband his own restaurant. He's genius in the kitchen and would be very successful. But if you told me that I had to keep this thing for myself then I would want a larger, loyal readership for my blog. I am truly happy with my life and I don't have a need to have things for myself. 

9. What is your ideal vacation?
This one is too easy. My other home in the Philippines. I would love to be able to stay there 3 months every year. 




10. Would you rather: Bathe in the sun or go snowboarding?
Neither?!?!? I would have to say go snowboarding. I don't do sun well at all. I burn really easily and I frequently get migraines from it. 


11. What is one tip you'd give to someone who is looking to start a blog?
Read a lot of other blogs. Discover what you like, discover what works well, discover what kind of photos you like or in other words do lots of homework. 





Next, I was nominated by the amazing Betti from Makeup Asylum. She is absolutely beautiful inside and out. She is just a genuine person through and through. I adore her blog and I frequently reference it for information

1. What was your first makeup item you ever purchased???
I am certain it was lipgloss; however it was so long ago that I can't really remember. 

2. What was your first high end purchase???
MAC Lipstick, Sequin. It's still a favorite today! 


3. Do you feel social media influences most of your buying decisions???
Yes, I frequently reference blog posts (especially Makeup Asylum's) for swatches and reviews while in the store making purchasing decisions. 

4. What is your favourite food??
Coconut! Especially in the following forms: Buko salad, an amazing fruit salad with fresh, young coconut. Pan de coco, soft fluffy rolls stuffed with coconut. Macapuno candy, chewy, sweet coconut candy. 


5. You can only pack 5 makeup items what are they?
Pond's BB cream, it has great benefits and evens out skin tone.
Concealer, I have a fair amount of redness to conceal.
Mascara, but I'm not sure which one since there isn't one that does everything I want it to do.
Bronzer, this pale face needs some color and you can use it for contouring.
Lipstick, a really great MLBB lipstick to enhance my lips and add a little color.


6. Do you have any pets???
Sort of, there are 2 dogs and 2 cats but they are my nieces. However, the Bengal cat likes to come hang out with us. 


7. Who is your favourite designers if any??? or a brand if you prefer.
I am not label conscious and I like a lot of things. I like everything from Michael Kors to Betsey Johnson, Calvin Klein to Jeffrey Campbell, Chanel to Carhartt. There's a time and a place for everything.


8. Do you truly believe there is a red lipstick for everyone??? 
No! I have a really difficult time wearing red lipstick. Everything seems to pull either orange or pink on me. The best red I have found on me isn't even a lipstick.


9. Halloween, Christmas, Valentines or Birthday's and why???
Christmas, definitely Christmas. It's more than the holiday it's about family, home, and the story of Christ. 


10. What do you feel is a drawback in the blog world???
The inability to get to truly know our readers and other bloggers. We get to know the person they choose to represent themselves as which isn't always who they truly are. However, I will still choose to believe the best in others. 


11. If you could have a dream date with any celebrity who would you choose and why?? 
Well, I wouldn't really want to have a 'date' with a celebrity because I am deeply in love with my hubs. However, I would gladly enjoy having a quiet private dinner with Lady Gaga. I find her terribly interesting and talented. 





Last but certainly not least is the stunning Keisha from The Chyrsalis Girls. She has the most amazing eyes, they are absolutely mesmerizing. I love her blog as she does a lovely, well balanced mix of natural, DIY and commercial beauty products available. 

1. Why did you start blogging?
I began blogging as therapy to cope with my chronic neurological condition. Blogging was a creative outlet for me and gave me the opportunity to think through some of my emotions. 

2. What advice would you give to a newbie blogger?
Be yourself. When you are passionate about your blogging subject that translates through your posts. If you aren't passionate then it feels forced and contrived.

3. In three words, how would you describe yourself?
Approachable, Happy, Hopeful 

4. Who or what inspires you?
Love inspires me. Love makes it easy for me to embrace others for their positive attributes, accept their shortcomings, and celebrate the beauty of their differences. Love also makes it possible for me to do the same with myself. Everything done with love will radiate with beauty. 

5. If you could have any dream career in the world, what would it be?
Honestly, I would do exactly what I am doing right now. My health makes it impossible for me to work full time. I have a job that I truly enjoy, meets my medical needs, understands my need for flexibility, and helps me feel fulfilled. I love the people I work with, the members I work for and the company for whom I work. I gave hugs yesterday! How many jobs are comfortable with hugging? 




6. What makeup/beauty item would you never leave home without?
Lip products, continue reading for further explanation. 

7. If I were to take a peek inside your purse, what would I find?
My wallet, my phone, my keys, powder, eyeliner, concealer, receipts, and usually 12-20 lippies. I manage to carry lipstick, lipgloss, tinted lip balm, stains, pencils, and more. I carry way too many. 

8. Which makeup brand is your absolute favorite and why?
This is tough because there isn't one brand that has every type of product that I love. I would have to guess either Revlon or MAC. I could manage to get a full face of makeup out of either of those lines. I am not sure I could do it with any other line. 

9. Bold lipstick or neutral?
I love me a good nude! I am trying to get better about embracing a bold lip. I'm not quite there yet but I will be. 




10. What is your shoe preference... flats, wedges or stilettos?
Flats when I'm with hubs as he is shorter than I. I love a great stiletto but wedges are more practical since I have balance issues. So mostly flats. 

11. What would be your dream vacation?
Philippines time and time again. It truly is my second home. However, I also want to take my family to Disney World.

I would like to thank the three beautiful ladies that nominated me for this award. Since I have nominated others twice before I will be skipping that portion of this tag. I hope you enjoyed reading my answers for these awards. 

Quote: You can take no credit for beauty at sixteen. But if you are beautiful at sixty, it will be your soul's own doing. - Marie Stopes 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.