Friday, February 14, 2014

Ipsy, Is It Worth It? February 2014

It's that time in each month when we eagerly check our mail boxes every day hoping to find a bright, shiny, pink package. It's Ipsy time!  February's theme is 'The Look of Love' and this bag came just in time for the day of love. While I felt that last month's bag lacked the 'wow' factor I feel like this bag more than makes up for it. 


I am beyond delighted with the Pop Beauty Plump Pout Mini in Peony Petal. I had looked at these glosses a while back in Ulta. I thought to myself, 'It would be nice if we got one in an Ipsy bag.' Well, the beauty goddesses read my mind. This 4g mini of the Plump Pout gloss has a sweet smell similar to a mixture of cinnamon and cloves. I find this to be the perfect size for a gloss as I never completely use them up. The value is $7.47.



Next we have the Eyetini Cordial Cream Shadow Tint & Base in Spiced Rum. This cream shadow has a doe foot applicator and is full sized. It boasts some "Whoa Nelly!" pigmentation but does have a very chemical scent. It blends easily and sets fairly quickly to become almost budgeproof. Some of the super tiny micro glitter moves around a little bit with a fair amount of rubbing but it shouldn't cause a problem when on the eyes. This color will work quite well with my green eyes. The value of this is $18.00.


I also received the NU-ME Intense Renew Hair Mask. According to the NU-ME website, "Treat your tresses to a day at the spa with a miracle in a jar. Your hair will show drastic improvement and superior results after the first treatment. With a special blend of powerful ingredients, the restorative and rejuvenating effects of the Intense Renewal Mask will leave hair feeling replenished, and alive." This 20ml size is valued at $3.27. 


Oh, Zoya! I really enjoy Zoya polishes and Odette makes my third. I love this shade as it's more of a dusty mauve rather than a lavender. I don't own anything like it. This is my first cream finish polish from Zoya and I am quite anxious to try it. Currently I have some cute pink nails happening since today is the day of love; but this is next on my list. This full size polish has a value of $8.00.


This last product is by a brand that is completely new to me. I have never had the pleasure of trying City Color before. Their Be Matte Blush has bold color and a velvet soft texture. There doesn't seem to be a ton of fallout which is really nice. I will admit that I was a bit nervous as Fresh Melon seems like a neon peach in the pan; but as you can see from the swatch below it translates quite well on the cheek. I'm really impressed with this blush! I'm not sure what is more surprising about this blush, the quality of the product or the price tag since its super affordable. This product has a value of $2.99.

Swatches of the Be Matte Blush, Plump Pout Mini, and the Cordial Cream Shadow. The top set is in full sunlight and the bottom is in the shade. I think it's safe to say that all three have really great pigmentation. I love that the sunlight picks up the subtle red flecks in the Cordial Cream Shadow but I don't think it will translate when placed on the eyes and worn inside.



The value of February's Ipsy bag is a whopping $39.83!! Thank you Ipsy for showing us some love this month. I love my subscription. It is such an amazing bargain for only $10.00 each month. Even if you only love 2 of the products, although I'm digging all 5 this month, chances are those two products would easy make the bag worth more than ten bucks. 



I think happiness is what makes you pretty. Period. Happy people are beautiful. They become like a mirror and they reflect that happiness. ~Drew Barrymore

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.