Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday Scores and Steals Haul 2/9/14

Welcome to Sunday Scores and Steals, a blog hop, hosted by Brittnee from A Beauty Product A Day and myself, where savvy shoppers can show off their savings skills. My haul post will cover a small Ulta clearance haul and a decent CVS haul, as well. Once you learn how to optimize the CVS Extra Care system you can easily score some great savings. I'm really enjoy shopping at CVS; but you might find great bargains at Walgreens, RiteAid or like Brittnee Ulta or Sally. Brittnee's deals can be found here  However, we want to see your bargain haul regardless at of the store. Besides, we might be inspired to do a bit more shopping! Please link your bargain hauls for this week in the link at the bottom. Now without further ado, let's get to hauling!


I spent a whopping $6.65 at Ulta. I bought 2 sets of lashes, individual lashes, nail stickers, an eyeshadow quad and a nail tool. 

$40.79 CVS Haul
My CVS haul, in its entirety, cost me $40.79 including taxes which is not bad considering everything I bought. Think about this if I had purchased just makeup, the polish and the lipbalm at regular price it would have cost $40. Now, the most amazing part is that I saved $110.27. Let me break this down so you can understand how I scored such great bargains. 

$0.88 Softsoap hand soap

Softsoap liquid hand soap. Boring, but necessary. CVS has it on sale this week for $1.88. If you scan your Extra Care Card at the Coupon Center you will receive a $1.00 off coupon. Paid $0.88 out of pocket. 

$1.00 each Nivea A Kiss of Care & Color

Nivea A Kiss of Care & Color, which is new to me, CVS sale price of $2.50 each or 2 for $5.00. I had a two coupons from the Sunday paper for $3.00 off of 2. Therefore I paid $2.00 for 2 or $4.00 for all 4. This deal is also good for Nivea Lip Butters if you prefer. 

$2.99 Got2b Guardian Angel Flat Iron Balm

This one was a bit of a let down for me. Got2b Flat Iron Balm is on sale this week for $4.99 and you will receive $2.00 Extra Care Bucks to spend on another purchase. I gave the cashier $2.00 Extra Care Bucks from a previous purchase. Therefore, I only paid $2.99 out of pocket for this. Now the let down is that CVS had advertised that most Sunday papers were offering a coupon for $2.00 off. Unfortunately, I did not receive this coupon in my paper. If I had I could have paid only $0.99 for this.  

$5.17 total for Sally Hansen - 2 Triple Shine & 1 Xtreme Wear

Let's polish things up a bit! CVS is offering $4.00 Extra Care Bucks, ECB, if you spent $10.00 on Sally Hansen polish. I had 2 Sally Hansen manufacturer's coupons for $2.00 off each. Each Triple Shine was $4.99 less $2.00. The Xtreme Wear was regular price at $3.19. I provided them cashier with a $4.00 ECB from a previous purchase which brought my total to $5.17. Great bargain when you consider that you could buy 1 Triple Shine for that price.  

$1.99 each Schick Hydro Silk Sensitive Care
My new friend! You can read my post about this gem here. CVS is  currently offering $10 in ECB back when you spend $25 on Schick, Edge and Skintimates. These razors sell for $12.99 each. I had two manufacturer's coupon for $4.00 each. I also had a coupon from the coupon center for $4.00 off when you spend $15.00 on razors, blades or creams. Naturally, I had $10 ECB from a previous transaction. So I paid $3.98 for both of these razors. I found this score particularly impressive!

$0.99 each Crest Be toothpaste

I had to buy the Crest Be toothpaste because who doesn't want to try Lime Spearment and Mint Chocolate toothpaste! Each tube was $4.99 and I had 2 coupons for $1.00 off. CVS was offering $3.00 ECB each. I gave the cashier $6.00 ECB from a previous purchase which brought my total to $1.98 for both fun tubes of toothpaste. 

$1.50 each for Eucerin Intensive Repair

This is my hubby's favorite hand cream. The gloves he must wear for work really irritate is skin and this cream has been a lifesaver for him. CVS is currently giving $10.00 ECB when you buy $25.00 worth of Eucerin or Aquafor. Each Intensive Repair cream was on sale for $5.50 and I had a coupon for $1.50 off each. I applied a previous $10.00 ECB to my purchase which brought the cost of all 4 of these to just $6.00. 

$9.48 total for Pantene 2 shampoo & 2 conditioner and CoverGirl TruBlend foundation and Clean Glow blush
This next deal gets a little complicated. CVS is currently offering $10.00 ECB when you spent $25.00 in participating Proctor and Gamble products. Pantene is on sale for $3.50 each. I had 2 coupons for buy one and get one free. Therefore I paid $3.50 for each set of shampoo and conditioner. CoverGirl was on sale buy one get one fifty percent off. I bought the TruBlend foundation for $11.99 and the Clean Glow blush was $4.49 at 50% off. I had a coupon for $3.00 off 2 CoverGirl items. Therefore I paid $12.48 for both CoverGirl items. When I checked out I gave the cashier a $10.00 ECB from a previous transaction which brought my total to $9.48 for all 6 items. 

Now the biggest thing to remember when learning to coupon at CVS is that the taxes are based on purchase price before coupons. Therefore your taxes will be higher than you expect. The next thing you need to remember is that the prices of items vary from store to store. While the CoverGirl TruBlend foundation may be $11.99 at my store, your store may only charge $9.99. Please bear these details in mind when determining what to purchase on your shopping trip. You can read my shopping prepaation post HERE. In addition, I also spent enough to earn $5.00 in Beauty Club bucks which will be sent to my account in a few days.

So no matter at which store you shop, inspire us to find more deals by linking your posts below. We are always looking for another great bargain. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.