Monday, July 6, 2009

Food for thought

When I started this blog I was complaining about lack of motivation. I decided to scrap that and talk about some of the good stuff going on instead! For starters I need to share an awesome recipe for an ice cream sandwich cake which I found in my Kraft Food and Family magazine. I made this and took it to a Fourth of July get together and it was really enjoyed. So I thought I'd share it here as well.




what you need


1/2
cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed

1
tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided

1
pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O ChocolateInstant Pudding

8
OREO Cookies, chopped (about 1 cup)

12
vanilla ice cream sandwiches

make it


POUR fudge topping into medium bowl. Whisk in 1 cup COOL WHIP. Add dry pudding mix; stir 2 min. Stir in chopped cookies.
ARRANGE 4 ice cream sandwiches, side-by-side, on 24-inch-long sheet of foil; top with half the COOL WHIP mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining sandwiches. Frost top and sides with remaining COOL WHIP. Bring up foil sides; double fold top and ends to loosely seal packet.
FREEZE 4 hours or until firm.





























So Eat more chocolate....it'll make you feel better!

While the rest of the country is enjoying summer weather it's currently 63 degrees here. So for all my friends in the south, you're more than welcome to come visit! It'd be a nice break from the heat!! I'll need a light jacket if I go out today!

I enjoyed chatting with one of my son's friends yesterday. My son and all his friends are roughly 20, so it's fun to see the world through their eyes. They get frustrated about their dating situation (come to think of it I have a 40 year old friend that frustrated too.. LOL), they never seem to have enough money for the important things but they have the latest video games, they are starting to complain about being tired because they are having to work and they are still fascinated by the silliest of things. My son was so excited to tell me that he recently went to the local theme park and was distressed that they took the big mechanical swings out. It was rather humorous. But he enjoyed his day playing like a kid again.

Ok, well, my Sims are calling my name, as well as, my mafia. So I'm signing off for now...going to play for a bit then I'll be getting ready to go play with friends! To Terry and Ta, remember
"Sometimes God calms the storm, Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.