Monday, July 20, 2009

Buzzing at Dinner

So last night was dinner at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse for an incredibly over priced meal. We are kindly instructed to go up the stairs and we will be greeted by whomever the upstairs host is.  So we start up what we believe to be a simple flight of stairs. Come to find out it’s more like 3 flights of stairs.  Ok…. they may not be 3 full flights but it was really close. This is not good for a girl in heels with a balance problem! But we all made it safely and are seated at out table.  First they take our drink orders and as the waiter returns with everyone else's drinks except mine.  He explains that he’ll be right back with bread and water. I had ordered just water to drink…. but really…. you had to say that you’d be right back with “bread and water!!”
So I ordered a Ruth’s special which comes with a salad, choice of entree, choice of side, and dessert.  The salads come and my caesar salad is great! So far, so good.  Then they bring our entrees and sides. Now I have ordered the stuffed chicken.  And they bring me a chicken with skin and the bones!!! I’m thinking …. ok…. I can do this…. But luckily my friend comes to my rescue and removes the bones and skin for me!! YAY!!! Then as I start to eat, I get the most intense sensation throughout my entire nervous system.  It’s literally like someone has plugged me into a 220 socket and I only run on 110. So I am literally buzzing throughout my nervous system.  I start to get sick at my stomach and I am feeling this warmth come over me. I then start feeling guilty because here we are in the middle of this very elegant restaurant for a very expensive meal. Then I worry that the waiter is going to ask me if there is something wrong with my stuffed chicken.  I tend to get emotional when these things happen so I knew that if the waiter asked me about my chicken I would burst into tears. Not wanting to look like a complete idiot I ask my friend to answer in the event the waiter asks me. I was able to sit back, close my eyes and take several deep breaths.  I am lucky enough to be able to calm myself down and actually calm my stomach as well to eat some of my chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans. But I am still buzzing so I am “rocking” back and forth or side to side for the duration of the rest of the meal. Quite embarrassing I might say! But by the time dessert comes I am feeling quite a bit better and am actually able to enjoy the dessert .. a duo of raspberry sorbet in an edible dark chocolate cup and a mixture of berries served in sweet cream!!! YUM!!!
I fall asleep on the way home.  I wish I could say that I slept fitfully last night and woke up feeling refreshed…. Unfortunately, I wasn’t so lucky. I slept quite restlessly and woke too early this morning. And I’ve been pretty miserable all day and I am also sneezing like crazy! So now I am trying to settle myself down in order to go back to sleep and get a good night’s rest. But I doubt it’s happening! I can’t seem to sit still tonight!! So I won’t even try going to bed until I’m exhausted! So….. hopefully tomorrow will be a new day and I will wake up feeling like a new woman… I’ll let you all know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.