Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Confessions of a Beauty Blogger

Tag: Confessions of a Beauty Blogger
Recently, I have been tagged for three fantastic blog posts. I was tagged for ‘Confessions of a Beauty Blogger Tag’ by the beautiful and fabulous Jackie Leung of Five Two Certified.

1. How many hours a week do you spend writing/editing posts? I would have to guess that I spend probably 40-60 hours a week blogging which includes reading and commenting on others' blogs. I may only post every few days but I am usually working on at least three different posts at any given time. I find that blogging is cathartic and therapeutic as my blog also covers the challenges of living with chronic illness.



 2. Are you a spender or a saver? SAVER! I love using coupons to score great savings on beauty products. We are still waiting on hubby's green card and so he can't work a real job right now. He's working through a temp agency and money is tight. So by using coupons I can get great bargains and I don't feel guilty about spending money.


3. When is it easiest for you to blog? I blog anytime; but, most often it's late in the evening. For instance, it's currently 1130 pm. I blog in the middle of the night, in the evening after work, on days I don't work, or when I'm waiting for hubby to get off work. I blog a lot!



4. What makes writing behind a computer comfortable for you? It's the process of writing that I love. I thoroughly enjoy writing, rewriting, and editing a post. I also enjoy the taking and editing photographs for my blog as well. Blogging is simply something that my body must do to maintain balance, clarity and vision. My readers are simply the blessings that touch my soul in exchange for the honesty with which I lay myself bare.


5. What’s your worst makeup/hair habit? I explained in 'The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger Tag' that I don't wash my brushes often enough so I'll tell you something a little more interesting this time. I carry entirely too many lip products around in my purse. It's not unusual for me to have 15 in my purse at any given time.


6. One quote that you wish the world would live by? I have to choose just one?!?! It would have to be Wendell Berry "It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey."



7. How long do you spend getting ready everyday? An hour an a half to two hours. I really enjoy the process of getting ready. On days when I wake suffering from too many symptoms I utilize this time to truly calm my body and mind. Stress and agitation increase the pain from symptoms. So by providing myself plenty of time I can utilize positive affirmations to control my attitude which is the key to reducing stress.



8. Who is your favorite blogger? Anyone who is brave enough to lie open their makeup bag and their lives for others to read is my favorite. It takes bravado, passion, and eloquence to be a blogger. So I don't feel like there is one blogger that I connect with more than another. They are all my family and I applaud them all for the courage.

9. Who is a blogger that you read who deserves more subscribers than they have? It's not about how many readers you have, or how many comments you receive. A blogger finds passion when they go to their keyboard with focus and walk away exhausted and satisfied. It's only when you find passion that your blogging morphs from a hobby to a way of life. Those of us that blog with passion are the ones that will find our audience no matter how large or small.

10. One thing your excited about in the upcoming year?  My hubby's green card!! Now that he is a legal resident of America we can begin our journey in earnest.


11. Your most awkward blogging moment? I lay my soul bare so that others may observe and learn. If I have touched you, moved you, inspired you, peaked your curiosity or even angered you then I have reached my goal as a blogger. The most awkward reaction would be indifference.


12. How long does it take you to prep for a post? Honestly, most posts brew for a couple of days. It's about producing posts of which I am proud. It's not about producing a certain quantity of posts. I blog from the heart so some posts have taken me weeks to write.

13. Are you wearing pants(jeans/skirt) right now or are you actually wearing pajama bottoms? I am wearing a summer dress with capri leggings. I work at a gym and sometimes I have to climb up under the machines to reset them so I always wear something underneath my dresses.

14. What are you most proud of in your life? My attitude!!! I have a list of health problems and symptoms a mile long. I was diagnosed with a rare neurological birth defect at 36; but, I find a reason to smile every day. Each day is a gift and I won't let it go to waste.



Tags are meant to be fun and enjoyable. I put too much pressure on myself to find bloggers that have not been tagged before for a particular tag. So if you are reading this and would like to do this tag then feel free to join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.