Thursday, September 19, 2013

Top 10 Under $10 Plus Top 5 Under $5

MAKEUP EDITION
I absolutely love reading 10 Under $10 and 5 Under $5 blog posts; as well, as watching videos. So it really got me to thinking about what my choices would be. I decided to post them both together but then do four different categories. I figured I would start with makeup; then, work my way through skin care, hair and nail products. Even though I love to coupon for beauty products all the prices listed below are full price from CVS.com, Walgreens.com or CherryCulture.com.  These are in no particular order other than the order in which my brain thought of them.

Top 10 Under $10



1. Maybelline Color Tattoos - $6.99

These little guys are dual purpose gems. They are fantastic eyeshadow bases, as well as, stand alone eye shadows. They are so creamy, blend easily and come in a wide array of shades. The shades swatched are Too Cool and Inked in Pink. I didn't swatch Barely Branded because it's hanging around as backup to my MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study. 

2. L'Oreal True Match Crayon Concealer - $8.99
This fancy little crayon is the most convenient way to carry concealer with you in your purse. It's a twist up crayon of super blendable full coverage concealer. To the right of the heavy swatch in the photo above you can clearly see that shade W1-2-3 is a perfect match for my super fair skin. 

3. CoverGirl Clump Crusher Extensions - $8.99
This is easily my favorite drug store mascara. You can find my full review and comparison against the original formula here. The brush does a great job of separating lashes and preventing clumps while the formula that's not too wet or not too dry does a nice job of holding a curl. The new 'Extensions' formula does a great job of extending lashes. 


4. Milani Color Statment Lipsticks - $5.49
These lipsticks provide full on color and perform like a high end lipstick at a phenomenal price. Milani Color Statment Lipsticks offer a wide range of shades suitable for all skin tones. You can read my review here. The formula is creamy and smooth while the color is completely opaque. These are definitely one of the best bargains at the drugstore! 

5. ELF Mineral Lipsticks - $5.00
The ELF Mineral Lipsticks are creamy, smooth, moisturizing and so comfortable on the lips. The color isn't completely opaque but they are buildable to provide great coverage. I love the creaminess of these lipsticks and with 18 shades there is something for everyone. 


6. Milani Infinite Liquid Eyeliner - $7.99
This liquid eyeliner is absolutely budge proof which is perfect for my weepy eyes. If you need eyeliner that stays put all day and provides bold color, Milani Infinite Liquid Eye Liner will not fail. Available in five stunning shades. This is an absolute must in my makeup collection. 


7. NYX Blush - $5.50
EEK! The dangers of being a beauty blogger. I was photographing this blush when a gust of wind came along causing this fantastic blush to go flying, breaking off a corner. The NYX Blushes are creamy and soft for a powder blush. They provide fantastic pigmentation at an amazing price. They offer a wide selection of colors, offering something for every skin tone. 


8. ELF Cream Blush - $6.00
The ELF Cream Blushes aren't creamy in the traditional sense of the word. They feel more like playdough but they provide excellent color payoff. To be completely honest, I am not really great at applying cream blush but this is more of a cream-to-powder formula which applies easily and evenly with a stipple brush. These are perfect for layering under powder blush to increase the vibrancy or staying power of weaker blushes. ELF frequently offers 50% sales making these guys an absolute steal at $3.00 each. 


9. Revlon Colorstay Creme Eyeliner - $9.99
This is at the top end of the 'under $10' but it's definitely worth it. I love the creamy formula of this ultra black eyeliner. It's easy to apply and it wears all day. This formula seems to stay soft and moist for the duration of it's shelf life. While I am not overly fond of the built in brush, the eyeliner is absolutely amazing. 


10. Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss - $7.99
The Revlon Super Lustrous glosses are super shiny and smooth. They look great over the top of any lipstick. They wear well on their own too. They come in fantastic colors and naturally I am drawn to the nude shades. These glosses feel great and aren't too sticky.



Top 5 Under $5

Yes, there are actually 10. I figured why stop at just 5 when I could easily find 10.
1. Jordana 12 hr Liquid Eye Liner Pencil - $2.49
I don't normally wear pencil eye liner due to the weepy nature of my eyes; however, this is one that I will wear. This is the only pencil with which I will line my water line or tight line. This is easily the longest wearing pencil on my terribly fussy eyes. Although it comes in 6 shades, I currently only have black. At such a bargain price I really need to go pick up the other colors. 


2. Jordana Twist & Shine - $2.99
These gems pushed my beloved Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains right off the 10 under $10 list. The Jordana Twist & Shine are full on color with gloss and stain built right in. I put them to a side by side comparison and Jordana came out on top. I will be posting the full review and comparison soon on my blog.


3. WnW Eyeshadow Pallettes - $2.99 to $4.99
This list would simply not be complete without Wet n Wild eyeshadow palettes. These shadows are creamy, buttery and packed with color. These shadows would put up a good fight against any shadow at any price. Matte shadows can be a bit challenging and often either lack pigmentation or have plenty of fall out. The Wet n Wild matte shades provide opaque color with minimal fall out.  


4. NYX Eyeshadow Singles - $4.50
NYX offers a vast shade selection in a variety of shades. They offer plenty of unique shades that are sure to please everyone. While I own a few NYX palettes I much prefer their single shadows as they seem to be more pigmented. They blend easily and have amazing color choices. 



5. ELF Matte Lip Color - $3.00
The ELF Matte Lip Color could easily be considered one of the most underrated beauty products. I rarely hear anyone singing their praises. They are absolutely amazing. For a 'matte' formula they are not drying and remain creamy and smooth. Plus, they smell and taste divine. This could easily be my favorite ELF product. 


6. NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder - $2.99
This bronzer is a cult classic for good reason. It's a matte bronzer which works well for a lot of different skin tones. It works well as an all over bronzer; as well as, a contour on my fair skin. This bronzer contains absolutely no shimmer and has no fall out. It's a fantastic bronzer at any price. 


7. Rimmel Show Offs - $4.99
The Rimmel Show Offs are an extremely pigmented lip lacquer. The doe foot applicator has a reservoir which contains the perfect amount of product to deliver opaque coverage with one swipe. These colors are rich, saturated colors with a shiny, glossy finish  


8. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - $4.99
The Rimmel Stay Matte powder is a silky powder offering just the right amount of covering. It's not too sheer or too opaque. For the price there isn't a better powder on the market. While it's a matte powder it doesn't leave your face chalky or flat. 


9. ELF Eyeshadow Primer - $1.00

This is truly a bargain! For only $1.00 the ELF Eyelid Primer does a great job of helping your eyeshadow last without creasing or fading. The tinted matte formula provides a smooth, even surface upon which you can create any eyeshadow look you desire. For those on a budget this primer is a must in your collection. 



10. ELF Essential Lipstick -  $1.00
ELF has done it again. This isn't a case of for a buck you can't find a better lipstick. This is a great lipstick at any price. Classy is a great dupe of MAC's Angel. To be completely honest, I prefer the ELF lipstick over MAC. I find the ELF one to have a tad more pigmentation and it's creamier and smoother. 

There you have it for $5.00 and $10.00 these are the items that will always have a home in my cosmetic collection.  Now, I realize that not all of these products will work for everyone; but, they are definitely worth trying since they won't break the bank.  Hopefully, I have intrigued you enough to try something that you would probably have passed over before. So what would your top 10 under $10 and your top 5 under $5 include?   


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.