Sunday, September 22, 2013

Week 4 Shop My Stash September


Shop My Stash Week 3 update can be found at the bottom of this post.

In the first week we used face products, the second week was eye products, the third week was lips and the forth and final week can be any products you choose. I have decided to go for the gusto and choose 6 products from my collection that have not been getting any love. 





The first item I have chosen is the Milani Brow Fix Brow Kit. Lately I have been using a pencil; but I really think I prefer powder. I love that this kit has two shades as I have dyed my hair a darker color since fall is quickly approaching. Now that my hair is darker I will be using the darker shade of powder in this kit. The highlight shade in this kit is absolutely beautiful! This kit comes with a sponge tipped applicator, an angled brush and a pair of tweezers. While these tools are small they are actually really good! 


Some how this ELF powder blush in mellow wine just hasn't been getting any attention. It's been sitting in my collection waiting patiently. It's a beautiful color which is perfect for transitioning into fall. If you have never tried any ELF blushes, you should. They are actually quite good. If you are looking to try a color that you're not really comfortable with ELF is a great way to give it a go without breaking the bank. 

Last year I found a few Philosophy makeup items at Big Lots for only three dollars each. One of the items I bought is a beautiful highlighter that looks pink in the pan but looks almost white on the skin. Now, since I am so fair it is hard to photograph but it looks fantastic on the skin. 



This Physician's Formula Plump Palette comes with four glosses this handy compact. I will admit that I am not fond of pot style glosses which is why this palette gets very little attention. These colors are perfect for fall so I am going to grab my retractable lip brush and start using this palette.



This Laura Geller Dream Creams Lip Palette in Apricot Berry is a fun palette with gorgeous colors that are perfect for this time of year. The product in this palette is more of a shiny lipstick than a gloss. I normally fill my lips in with a lipliner then put this over the top to increase the wear time. The shades are absolutely stunning and it feels smooth and creamy on the lips. 




The final item is the MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base. There is just the slightest bit left and then I will have six empties to take back to MAC in order to receive a free lipstick. We only have an in-store counter rather than a freestanding store so I don't have the option to get any except a lipstick. I'm not complaining, I will gladly accept a free lipstick. I like the MAC Prep + Prime but it's not my favorite primer which is why it's sitting unused in my collection. 


Now, onto my Week 3 update! In the picture on the left I am wearing the Jordana lipliner in Tawny, Milani Plumrose and one of the ELF glosses. I have discovered that I really do not like this formula of the ELF glosses. I managed to wear them all week but I won't be wearing them again. The plumping side of the gloss just doesn't work for me and the gloss side isn't my cup of tea either. First thing, you have to dip into the gloss three times to get enough product to put on your lips and they aren't shiny which is why I like to wear gloss. So these guys will be retired permanently. 



Look Ma, I did it! In the middle picture, I am wearing the tinted lip balm from Cailyn that I received in my September Ipsy bag. Since my hair is a bit darker I am more comfortable wearing brighter colors. This is honestly the first red I have ever worn that doesn't pull either pink or orange. This shade appears as a true red on me. Forgive the quality of that photo it was taken with my phone. In the photo on the right I am wearing the new Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Anarchy. I am pleasantly surprised. I am actually comfortable wearing this bright pink! I can't believe I am finally wearing big girl lipstick and I'm really enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.