Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Maybelline the Rocket

Maybelline the Rocket Volum’ Express mascara is a wet formula mascara that builds volume over length. I always prefer waterproof mascara as I have weepy eyes. My first word of warning is to be very careful with the wand. The plethora of rubber bristles come to very sharp points which hurt quite a bit if you should bump your eye or lash line.
Fotor0905131855
I have plenty of natural lashes but they aren’t particularly long and they are blonde. So I like super black mascara, lengthening and volumizing mascara.
Fotor0905163816
The Rocket definitely delivers black mascara. From the first coat you can see the mascara causes my lashes to stick together due to the wet formula.
Rocket1coat
The second coat causes my lashes to stick together even more. I tried to comb them out using the metal toothed comb on the Real Techniques Lash and Brow Groomer. I would highly encourage the use of a primer prior to wearing this mascara.
Rocket2coat
The third coat brings more of the same and as you can see that I get absolutely no length from this mascara. It feels like the only volume I am getting is from the lashes sticking together. It feels heavy on the lashes and over time causes drooping in my naturally curly lashes.
Rocket3coar
This is what I would call a fussy mascara. It requires a primer and a good metal lash comb. I have managed to stab myself with this wand several times and IT HURTS! I have no idea what Maybelline was thinking when they approved that brush. OUCH!  Over all, I’m on the fence about this mascara. It’s not the greatest and far from the worst. It’s just the most fantastic mascara for me.  
Fotor0905131447
RC Rocker

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.