Sunday, September 29, 2013

Wrap Up Shop My Stash September

Shop My Stash September was a month long event designed to help me dig those products out of the back of my drawers and reacquaint myself with them once again. The premise was easy to follow and I really enjoyed challenging myself to use these products. Each week I was to pick three items from a different category and commit myself to using them. The weeks were categorized as follows: 



So here are the highlights and the lowlights of Shop My Stash September. 


MAC Breezy blush I love this blush. It's a shame that I had put it away. It's a gorgeous, rich rose with a beautiful plum sheen to it. It is absolutely perfect for this time of year. I have officially fallen in love with this blush all over again. 


This setting powder by Mirabella has a fair amount of glitter, not shimmer, glitter. It doesn't feel silky smooth and it's just not the right powder for me. I much prefer the ELF High Definition Powder. Mirabella will get passed along to someone else who will love her more than I do. 


These MAC pigments are so beautiful. I realize that it can be a hassle to apply pigments; but, when I use Koren's Mixing Medium they go on beautifully and stay all day. These are no longer going into the cavernous abyss in the back of the drawer. They are staying front and center! 


ELF Plumping Lip Gloss just doesn't work for me. Thankfully I bought them at 50% off so they were only $0.50 each. So I am just going to retire them permanently. The plumping side doesn't do anything to plump and I can't stand the taste. The gloss side is so small that it takes 3 or 4 dips back into the tube to get enough product to cover my lips. 


The darker 'Brow 2' color in the Milani Brow Fix is a fantastic match for my new darker hair and I prefer powder over a brow pencil. This little gem is now getting daily use. Plus I love that it comes with tweezers for managing those stray hairs and these are quality tweezers only smaller. 

What Shop My Stash September really did was to get me out of my habit of reaching for only the newer products in my collection. It taught me that I have some really great items in my collection which I should be using. It also reminded me that if I don't love something I should just move it out of my collection. I should not be hanging onto things that just don't work for me. The greatest thing I truly learned is to get out of my comfort zone and try new things which I did. I am pleased to report that I am enjoying wearing bolder lip colors. I have yet to wear purple as I am not sure I can pull it off; but Cella from For the Love of Beauty is encouraging me to try it. New goal for October, try purple lipstick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.