Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger Tag

Recently, I have been tagged for three fantastic blog posts. I was tagged for ‘The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger Tag’ by the beautiful and fabulous Jackie Leung of Five Two Certified

Rules for the Beauty Blogger Tag:

1. You must copy and paste these 'rules' onto your post when you write it, it doesn't take long.

2. You must state that this tag was created by The Beau Bow and link 'www.thebeaubow.blogspot.com'

3. You must thank the person who tagged you at the start of your post and link their blog as well. Follow them if you're feeling nice and then at the end of your post state who you tag. Then comment on the latest post on their blog to let them know you've tagged them and link your post so they can see what to do.

4. Title this post "The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger Tag" so everyone knows what it's about.

5. Have fun!!

I have decided to put an interesting spin on this tag and not only answer the question but link blog posts that support my answers. I think it's a great way to expand upon my answer and to promote other blogs.

1. Name a beauty routine you rarely do. Self Tanning. I just don't see a need to do it; besides, in some countries pale skin is desirable. Whitening products in Asia are very popular; therefore, I am embracing the the pale nature of my skin. 

Renny recently made a trip to Malaysia and her haul can be found here.

2. Is washing your makeup brushes something you do regularly? Yes, but not often enough. I do spritz them with spot cleanser after using them daily, though. 

When I do clean my brushes I use Koren’s homemade brush cleaner from EnkoreMakeup.

3. How long will you last with chipped nail varnish? Until I can get home to take it off and repaint them. Seriously, this is something I absolutely cannot stand because when it drags across fabric it makes THAT sound! EEKKKK!!!

Sarah from Sensational Finds describes her home manicure using Gelous.

4. How long do you put off buying/replacing a beauty or nail polish product even if you need it (i.e. - top coat, foundation, etc.)? I never run completely out. I always have several varieties lying about. The only thing I run out of is cotton balls which I will buy on my next trip to the store.

I recently posted a CVS haul where I  bought 3 bags of cotton balls. So I won’t run out soon.

5. What is your worst beauty habit? Not gonna lie, I sleep in my makeup about twice a month. I blame my illness because sometimes I come home and fall directly asleep.

A More Beautiful Makeup has an excellent post on why and how to take off your makeup.

6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off all the time. Calling my Mom. Calling anyone actually. I really hate talking on the phone. I would rather text and then catch up with you in person.


7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready until the last minute or not? Nooooo! I enjoy the act of putting on my makeup and getting ready. I relish it. I take entirely too long to get ready, I admit it.


8. Can you commit to spending bans?  Yes! However, I coupon religiously for drugstore makeup. I once bought 2 Revlon lipsticks and 1 Revlon gloss for only $3.19; so, I don't see that as spending too much on makeup. If I needed that $3.19 for food or other necessities I wouldn't buy makeup with it.

You can read how I managed to find such a great bargain in my recent post.

9. How organized is your makeup and nail polish collections? Extremely. I enjoy keeping it need and organized. It makes them feel loved and it's easier for me to know what I have.


10. What is the longest time you've gone without writing a blog post? Several months last year. After I got married I wasn't the greatest at keeping up with my blog; but I really missed it. So I blog religiously now as it's cathartic and therapeutic.


I stress about tagging bloggers for fear they have already been tagged several times. Therefore, I tag anyone who is reading this and would like to join in on this tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.