Friday, November 8, 2013

Colors of Fall, Eye Edition


Welcome back to Shalunya and Boyet where we are celebrating No Buy November in order to be thankful for the things that are already in my collection. I am thankful to be sharing this No Buy challenge with my beautiful friends Liz from My Pretty Obsessions, Rodneya from Neya V Beauty Talk and Betti from Makeup Asylum. They are keeping me focused and strong. Help me offer them thanks by stopping by their blogs and leaving them some love in the form of a comment. 

This post be another episode of the Colors of Fall with today's focus being on the eyes. I have chosen to do two different looks using just one fall inspired palette. I received the Wet n Wild Fergie Photo Op Eyeshadow in Desert Festival in my October Ipsy bag. This palette is perfect for fall and contains beautiful browns or oranges. 


I love that this palette has a mix of shimmer and matte. While this palette isn't quite as pigmented as the Color Icon palettes it does have decent pigmentation and the colors are stunning. 



The first look that I chose is a dramatic eye with a bold winged liner and spiky lashes. Although it's an incredibly bright color it doesn't look so bold when my eyes are open as they are hooded. 



I blended the lightest tan color above the crease and in the inner corner. I then used the medium orange on inner two-thirds of the lids. I used the bright matte orange shade on the outer third and brought it out to a dramatic wing. I used the Physician's Formula Eye Booster eyeliner for the wing and then placed a gold glitter liner on top of the black liner. The finishing touch is a great pair of spiky lashes from Kiss. 


This second look is a more wearable option with the same palette. In both looks I primed my eyes with two faced shadow insurance. This look is much more natural and does not include any lashes. 


I began this look by blending the lighter orange color through the crease from the inner corner to the outer corner. I then placed the darker orange color in the outer third. I then placed the light tan color on the inner two thirds blending into the lighter and the darker orange. I concentrated the color at the lash line. Then I place the matte brown color in an exaggerated outer v since my eyes are hooded. I lined my eyes simply and without a wing. I again used the Physician's Formula Eye Booster Liner.  I then layered L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly mascara over CoverGirl Clump Crusher. 


This is truly the first eye look I have posted on my blog. I hope you enjoyed it. Have you tried any of the Wet n Wild Fergie palettes? If so what looks did you create? 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.