Wednesday, November 6, 2013

L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Welcome to my cozy little blog. Grab a copy of coffee or tea and grab a seat. You'll want to see this. You see, today is a good day for a showdown. Jackie of Five Two Certified and I managed to purchase and haul this mascara about the same time so we agreed to post our reviews on the same day to see how our opinions differed. 

L'Oreal claims Voluminous Butterfly mascara will stretch and extend your lashes like wings! Introducing Voluminous Butterfly Mascara, one of our most-exciting mascara innovations, yet. Its revolutionary Butterfly Brush with asymmetrical lash line shape extends and lifts outer corner lashes to give you a winged-out effect, instantly volumizing lashes at the roots and stretching lashes outward. The unique Cocoon Fibers instantly wrap lashes in a soft, delicate veil to create silky, spectacular lashes that flutter.

L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly

This packaging is super cute. I love the metallic finish and the long lines. It's sleek and attractive. I love that the cap closes shut with a click as you can easily be assured that you have it completely closed. 



This brush is definitely unique. You can see that the wand is curved to better fit the shape of you eye as it's concave. Most mascara wands are curved the other way which doesn't really make sense. 


You can see the two 'wings' of the wand are definitely geared toward placing the mascara on your lashes with fewer passes than a regular wand. 
Naked Lashes
My lashes are light in color. Luckily they are not short and they have plenty of natural curl.


1 Coat L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly 
 I am loving the length of this mascara. Although the formula is too wet for my liking and it makes my lashes want to clump together. It is possible to work with this mascara but I'm not crazy about the first coat because I have already needed my lash comb to separate my lashes.

2 Coats L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly
I am still battling the fact that my lashes want to stick together and I have to wait longer in between coats to make sure the previous coat is dry.

3 Coats L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly
If you look closely you can see that this mascara has already begun leaving flakes which completely bums me out. I really want to love this mascara but the formula is too wet. It makes my lashes want to stick together. I MUST use my lash comb with a vengeance. I love the lengthy but I wish it had a bit more volume.  


Over all, I am not in love with this mascara. The typical smell of mascara, chemicals and bat poop, is really strong with this mascara and I can still smell it lingering either in the air or on my lashes. Weird I know. If you look closely you can see that this mascara has already begun to flake on me. It's the weirdest thing. It's really wet when you put it on but it dries to the Sahara Desert. I think it will be good to layer this mascara with other mascaras but it won't get the pleasure of being the solo star for me. I think it's a good mascara but not great. If you typically have problems with flaking I would avoid this mascara. Thanks so much for reading my portion of the showdown over the L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara. 

Don't forget to stop by Jackie's blog, Five Two Certified to read her half of the showdown. Have any of you tried this mascara? What's your verdict? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.