Sunday, November 3, 2013

Home Spa Date

Welcome a new installment of "Girls Being Good, No Buy November." My darling blogger friend, Liz from My Pretty Obsessions, and I have agreed to purchase no beauty items for ourselves in the month of November in order to better appreciate the items in our collection. In order to keep my heart grateful and my head creatively engaged, I enjoyed an at home spa date with my dear friend, Michele. We met in elementary school; but, we went to different Jr High and High Schools. Sadly, we lost touch for a long time. Last summer we reconnected through Facebook and ever since that reunion we are once again best of friends. It's like we picked up where we left off. 

Michele is an amazing wife and mother who is incredibly selfless. She is so giving to her family, friends and community that she rarely does anything for herself. She is one of those women that will give everything to everyone else but she won't pamper herself. She is one of the most beautiful people I have ever met both inside and out! 

So when she called asking for help coloring her hair, of course I jumped at the opportunity to do something for her. She explained that her husband had plans, so she would be free all afternoon/evening. Boyet was working, so it was the perfect time for me to squeeze in some girl time. I offered to do an at home spa night and she eagerly agreed. So I packed up my accouterments in a huge tub and brought over my goodies.  


Clockwise from the top:

CVS Self Foaming Facial Pads - disposable exfoliating pads
Vaseline Healthy Hand and Nail Conditioning Lotion
Gold Bond Foot Cream
CVS Hydrating Daily Facials - disposable dry cleansing cloths
Mr Pumice Extra Strength


Face Mask Collection - clockwise from the top
Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask
Freeman Avocado and Oatmeal Clay Mask
Freeman Superfruits Detoxifying Clay Facial Mask
Olay Deep Cleansing Clay Mask
Freeman Cucumber Peel-Off Mask
Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Polishing Mask

First thing we did was color her hair. She went a beautiful shade of dark brown that looks really good on her! She has super thick hair with beautiful, natural, beachy waves to it. Sorry, for the lack of pictures about that. We were so busy catching up. 


I have ConAir foot spa that gets a lot of love. Michele has never been to have a professional pedicure and she still hasn't but I'd like to believe she enjoyed it anyway. One of the biggest secrets to giving yourself, or someone else, an at home pedicure is to use the Mr. Pumice bars that you can find at a beauty supply store.

I also brought my Homedics Paraffin Bath. I love adding paraffin wax treatments when doing manicures because it leaves your hands so soft and so silky especially when since the weather is getting chilly. 



Michele texted this photo to her hubby during our beauty night. His response? "EWWWWWWW," After our clay masks we also did paper masks. We let her beautiful daughter join us for paper masks since it was a simple cucumber moisturizing mask and nothing chemical or harsh. 




The entire evening was lovely. We, also, managed to watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding. We ate, drank, laughed, shared, and just enjoyed girl time. I am so lucky to have my friend back in my life once again. Michele you are a beautiful woman, an amazing friend, a fantastic mom, a loving wife and a timeless soul. Thank you for hosting our beauty night and I am so thankful for our friendship. We must do it again soon!



  • We're Talking about: The beauty of having great friends. Woman especially, need friends to understand their struggles, sometimes just being able to say the words aloud gives us reassurance and freedom. 
  • We're Praying about: Keeping me focused during No Buy November. There are a lot of temptations out there. 
  • We're Laughing about: Michele's beautiful daughter, she's such a loving child, She was sounding like such a little adult while I was giving her pedicure. 
  • Keep following us here, on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I'd love to hear from you.