Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Colors of Fall, Nail Edition


Welcome to my quirky little place in cyberspace. It's mostly beauty mixed with a little life and maybe some advice. I have this terribly complicated medical condition so I blog about beauty to remind myself that little things can make a big difference. It's one of those little things that we are talking about today. Nail Polish!  This is the nail edition of my Colors of Fall series that I am doing during my No Buy November. I am not sure that I would consider most of these 'traditional' fall colors but I am really into jewel tones this fall. Therefore, all of my selections are these deep jewel tones that makes us all feel like royalty. 



This first shade is Revlon Colorstay in Rain Forest which is a deep, rich forest green with aqua glitter running throughout. In standard lighting the glitter doesn't read well but in bright light or sunlight it really sparkles. 


Next up is an oldie but a goodie. Wet n Wild Wild Shine in Caribbean Frost. I love the way this one changes from a richer, darker green to a bold teal in brighter light. I've had this one for a couple of years but it still gets love this time of year. 


The CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Polish in Grapvine is a gorgeous metallic deep purple that leans to a deep magenta in low light. I absolutely love this polish because it is such a stunning color. 


Next is the Revlon Brilliant Strength in Fascinate is actually a deep eggplant purple with these amazing microfine royal blue shimmers that give it this magical iridescence. It is currently graces my toes. I always feel so regal when I wear this color because it just feels expensive. 


Ruby Pumps by China Glaze is absolutely stunning there is no doubt about it. Yes, this is a perfect Christmas color but I always bring this one out in the fall and enjoy it all the way through until spring. It's such a beautiful elegant color that looks fantastic on any skin tone. 



The CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Polish in The Lasting Love is another bold metallic with beautiful pigmentation. It's deeper than a true red but it's not deep enough to be classified as a brick red. To me this is the epitome of ruby red. This color just begs to you to go out and play in the falling leaves. 


A standout product from the October Ipsy bag is Neve by Zoya. This is a midnight blue with a royal blue shimmer running throughout. This polish tends to be just a tad deeper than you expect it to be. Since it was delivered last month, it has graced my fingernails twice. 


Last but not least is Wet n Wild Megalast in Root of All Evil. I don't know how evil this polish is but I absolutely love the bold sapphire shade of this polish. This polish is absolutely stunning and always garners compliments when I am out and about.


  • We're Talking about: How beautiful it is that I have met such beautiful ladies through blogging. 
  • We're Praying about: The Philippines and their recovery from typhoon Yolanda.
  • We're Laughing about: The BEST episode of Whose Line Is It Anyway with Richard Simmons. If you haven't seen it you need to. Note: Not safe for children or work  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIscLaYnECs
  • Keep following us here, on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram.



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I'd love to hear from you.