Sunday, October 13, 2013

Are You Gelous of My Mani

Welcome to my corner of this great big world. I am just a chronically sick girl who uses beauty products to feel better about myself. The focus of today's blog is this lovely little bottle of Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat. This has been all over Pinterest so I decided to finally give this little guy a shot. 


I am hard on manicures. I truly am. So when Gelous kept popping up all over Pinterest I thought to myself, "Ok, I'll try it!" This little guy is only available at Sally Beauty Supply and it sells for $5.99.  In this post I will walk you through my at home manicure. 


Let me first explain that I can chip a manicure in a matter of hours. Seriously, I am lucky if I get 24 hours wear out of any manicure. It's hard to see in this photo but my middle and my pinkie finger have chips in them.  I have tried all sorts of remedies to make my polish last to know avail. I have never been able to get 5 days of wear out of a manicure. 



In order to ensure that your polish is not too thick as thick polish will cause bubbling and it takes ages to dry. You should never use remover to thin your polish as it will diminish the life of the polish. Use a nail polish thinner instead. I have always used Beauty Secrets Nail Polish Thinner from Sally Beauty. It's reasonably priced at $5.99 and lasts a really long time. Add a few drops at a time into your polish and give it a good shake. Test the polish to check the consistency but wait at least 15 minutes before painting your nails. 


This might seem crazy, I know it did to me; but, put your polish in the fridge for at least 15 minutes prior to painting your nails. It really will help the polish go on more smoothly and evenly. 


While your polish is chillin' in the fridge, enjoy giving yourself a good manicure. Take off your old polish then clip and file your nails. Gently push back your cuticles and trim them as necessary. I then rub some vitamin E oil into my cuticles and let it soak in for a bit. After washing and drying your hands and nails thoroughly, retrieve your polish from the fridge. I have chosen to wear Sinful Shine in VIP in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness as my Mom is a Breast Cancer Survivor.

  1. GENTLY file the entire surface of your nail.
  2. Apply one or two very thin coats of Gelous and wait for each to thoroughly dry
  3. Apply two very thin coats of your polish and wait for each to thoroughly dry
  4. Apply a very thin layer top coat of your choice and wait for it to thoroughly dry
  5. Apply a final thin coat of Gelous


My nails are smooth, beautiful and glossy! I absolutely love them even if they are short because I have been a bit of a klutz lately. The good news is that I have actually managed to get 6-7 days wear out of this manicure. Currently this is the only way I choose to do my at home manicure. While Gelous does not give  a true 'gel' manicure, it has definitely extended the wear time of my manicure. I have actually chosen to take off a polish to change it. That has not happened in years with the exception of when I was wearing acrylics years ago. I love that Gelous is very reasonably priced and it is undoubtedly the only base and top coat I will be purchasing. 


In order to keep Boyet involved in the blog we are choosing to close every post with details from our motto "Talk about Anything, Pray about Everything, Laugh about Nothing."
  • We're Talking about: I've been a bit emo (︶︹︺) today; meh, chronic illness.Luckily Boyet understands these things. I've helped 2 dear blogger friends build their 'grab my button' gadgets for their blog. d(-_^)
  • We're Praying about: My aches, pains. My lower back and sciatic nerve are really bothering me. (⊙︿⊙✿) It's probably why I am emo. 
  • We're Laughing about: The fact that Boyet can't seem to answer a simple question. ME-What time to you work? HIM-I work tomorrow. ME-What time? HIM-Oh, it's the afternoon. ME-(ノ∀ ̄•)
  • Keep following us here, on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.