Sunday, October 27, 2013

Home Alone, What's a Girl To Do?

Welcome to my quirky little blog where everyone is welcome. It doesn't matter if we like the same things, dislike the same things or are indifferent to the same or different things. I welcome all opinions and thoughts so please feel free to leave me some of your thoughts in the form of a comment at the bottom of this post.

So I find myself home alone on a Saturday night. Boyet is working, my family has plans, and the house is quiet. I could be doing laundry, I should be doing something productive but instead I think I will give myself a bit of pampering. I decided to enjoy some me time.


Since I was home all day, doing things around the house I hadn't put on any makeup. So since I wasn't wearing makeup I started by washing my face with Simple Moisturizing Face Wash. I really like this face wash. I wish it had a bit more lather but it does a good job of getting my face really clean without leaving it feeling dry and tight. Next I moved on their Smoothing Facial Scrub. I really enjoy this scrub as it gently leaves my skin feeling smooth. I prefer a few more scrubbies than this one has but it's a still great product that is gentle on your skin.


Next, I put the Olay Deep Cleansing Clay Mask on and began taking some photos for this post. Which reminds me that I will be doing a blog post giving tips on taking and editing photos. Apparently, today I felt like going with square photos. 


Of course, I had to take a selfie to show you my lovely blue face! I really enjoy this clay mask which tightens as it dries. However, it does not leave your skin feeling tight afterwards. This mask does a great job of getting into your pores because when I remove the mask it takes a little extra effort to get all the mask out of my pores. Go Olay! Get in those pores, get all the ickies out!


Then I remembered that my beautiful blogger buddy, Saffron from Saffy Style, had mentioned having a drink while watching moves. So I decided I could have a drink too and made myself a peach, banana and strawberry smoothie with an adult twist. So I added a splash of peach vodka. Then it was time to take a nice, long, hot soak in the tub. So I put my drink into a plastic glass instead of a fancy grown up one because I am such a klutz. I'll be honest, I prefer my bath without broken glass. 


Mood lighting! Ahhhh yes! I have one of the Air Wick color changing candles and they are really cool. There is a glowing LED light buried in the candle wax and it changes colors while the candle is burning. It's so amazing it's a fun and relaxing touch for a long soak. 


 I don't typically use Bath and Body Works products on a daily basis but I do enjoy them. I always have a few on hand and decided that Midnight Pomegranate was perfect. It's described by Bath and Body Works as "Midnight Pomegranate is a fiery, fruit & spice fragrance inspired by rubies sparkling in moonlight!" It's a perfect scent for fall as it's so rich and deep. 


As soon as I got out of the bath I immediately rubbed on Neutrogena Body Oil. This stuff is so amazing because it's not greasy at all. You don't have to worry about it leaving a greasy residue on your clothes or furniture. I really enjoy it when the weather starts getting colder as it really sinks into the skin leaving it feeling really moisturized. Boyet prefers I purchase the fragrance free version as he says is reminds him of graveyards. Apparently ylang ylang grew in or near graveyards when he was a child, and the smell of the scented version reminds him of that. 


 After giving that a few minutes to soak into my skin I added a thick layer of body butter. This is by far my favorite moisturizer from Bath and Body Works. It's so thick and creamy so it does take a bit to really sink into the skin which I didn't mind as I was pampering myself. I finished it off with a spritz of the body mist and proceeded to enjoy the rest of my evening. 

Sadly, I woke this morning coughing and congested which I can deal with; but I am also having a flare up of my Chiari symptoms as well. The cough and congestion are typical change of the weather symptoms for me. The Chiari symptoms are causing my head pound like someone is hitting it with a sledgehammer. The combination of the two together are too much. The pain is on the border of being unbearable. My head, neck and shoulders hurt so much, Sounds hurt my ears, light hurts my eyes, I'm on the verge of throwing up, and I can't keep my arms and legs will not stay still. Today is pure torture and I want to give up. But I won't. I will fight through. I can do this. I have to.




  • Update: I have taken a long nap and am feeling better. On a scale of one to ten, I'm currently at a 7 whereas I was at a 10 before. So 7 is really good. On a daily basis I am at 3 or 4. 
  • We're Talking about: The fact that Boyet takes such great care of me. He gives me massages, holds my hair when...um you know, gets what I need, and anything else. He's amazing. ()
  • We're Praying about: It means the world to me to say that Boyet was praying for me while I was in such pain. I am blessed. (_)
  • We're Laughing about: We're not laughing today, still too much pain. 
  • Keep following us here, on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram







  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I'd love to hear from you.