Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Drugstore Haul featuring Newbies

Welcome to my happy blog where we will talk about my little CVS haul featuring some new products. Well, one of isn't new; but the rest are new. 



Let's start with the item that is not new. I received a coupon from the Coupon Center for $1.00 off any NYC item valued at $1.99 or more. So I bought a NYC Liquid Lip Shine for $0.99! 



I bought the shade Midtown Mulberry which is a lighter berry shade which is perfect for the fall. Plus, I work in Midtown section of the city so it's a cute connection. It smells slightly sweet and seems to have decent pigmentation. 



Then this happened. I came across these two displays and was immediately drawn to them! New stuffs by Revlon and by Maybelline. Ohhhhh things are getting interesting now! 



These new Maybelline Color Elixir is being touted as Maybellines #1 Liquid Color Balm. It's said to deliver the color of a lipstick, the cushiony care of a balm and the glass shine of a gloss. So I am not sure yet what it's supposed to be. I figured at 30% I could spend a few bucks to figure it out. 


I chose the color 035 Dashing Orchid because it's a step outside of my comfort zone and I do not need another nude anything. It's a gorgeous shimmery berry plum. I am looking forward to trying this product out.  



Next, I stumbled upon the new Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms. Oh so intriguing! I love Revlon Balm Stains so what is this new product? It doesn't say stain but you know that's what everyone is thinking. I look forward to trying this cute lil guy out! 


I bought the color 205 Elusive. Now before you say anything about the fact that this is just a pinky nude, let me explain that I really want to do a head to head comparison between this and my Tarte Lipsurgence in Envy. I can immediately tell that the color will not be a match but we shall test it out anyway.

They were having a buy one get one 50% off so I couldn't get just one. So I had to pick up one of the Revlon Colorburst Laquer Balms. Oh the package is sooooo pretty; sadly, it doesn't photograph well because it's shiny. 



 I bought the color 115 in Whimsical because this hot pink shiny packaging and the name! Too cute. Again it does not say that this product is long wearing but we know that we want it to be because we have been spoiled by the balm stains. 

 
The last item I picked up is the L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara in Blackest Black. It claims to feature a breakthrough wing tip brush to lengthen, stretch and volumize every lash. It claims to have fibers to instantly coat lashes.


This is definitely a unique brush. You can easily see that its curved so it looks like it would hug your lashes. 


This photo is the best I could capture of the two 'wings.' I am anxious to try this mascara to see if lives up to my expectations. I will do an individual review on the new items within the next few weeks. 


Thank you so much for stopping in on my little haul to see the new offerings at the drugstore. If you would like to try the new Revlon Colorbust items, they are on sale buy one get one 50% off through November 2, 2013 at CVS. The Maybelline Elixir is on sale for 30% off until then as well. L'Oreal is spend $10.00 and get $3.00 back until November 2 also. So it's an excellent time to stop by and check these offerings out. I had a few other coupons that I needed to use so I ended up spending only $5.33 on all of my purchases! 


  • We're Talking about: Yesterday Boyet had gone to the pharmacy to pick up my prescriptions. He had taken my CVS card but he didn't give it back! So I had to stop by his work prior to going shopping. 
  • We're Praying about: My health. I am still not back to 100% and I keep thinking I'll feel better tomorrow. The problem is that I should be back to 100% but I'm not. I am afraid that if I go to the doctor's that they will want to do  spinal tap. That's probably an unfounded fear but when you've had several before, you never want one again.
  • We're Laughing about: The fact that as I am typing this haul, my blogging buddy Jackie from Five Two Certified has just published a haul and she bought the same mascara. I am quite curious to see how our opinions will vary. 
  • Keep following us here, on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I'd love to hear from you.